WireWheel is revolutionizing the area of privacy and data protection by helping companies to build and manage cutting-edge and scalable privacy programs. Recognized by IDC Marketplace, Forrester, and Gartner as a leader in worldwide data privacy management software, our cloud-based Data Privacy & Protection Platform is built by privacy experts using industry best practices to help organizations simplify, structure, and automate their approach to privacy program management. We help companies comply with today’s California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and EU General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR) requirements and remain ready for any future regulatory regimes.
Due to tremendous growth, WireWheel is currently looking for a Lead Software Engineer. As a Lead Software Engineer, you will oversee the technical effort to build features for our data privacy application. You will participate in every stage of the feature's lifecycle from requirements to release. In this role, you will collaborate daily with other software engineers, testers, UX, DevOps, product managers, and customer support to make sure that we meet customer needs and create the most valuable features.
Our engineering team builds and supports a web-based platform that enables companies to run their privacy programs. We are a small, growing team in a true start-up environment. As a team, we move fast, adapt to the needs of the business, and ship quality software frequently. Our team members have diverse backgrounds, which helps cultivate an environment for creative problem solving and innovation. We believe that good ideas come from every level of the organization, from interns to the CEO. We invest in the career development of each team member, and strive to provide opportunities to meet personal growth objectives. We are looking for team members with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company and culture.
This means you will:
- You will craft production-quality code using standard development methodologies.
- Lead technical discussions including design and code reviews.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and UX to estimate and plan releases, including participating in high-level planning at a roadmap level.
- Create automated unit tests with the same development rigor as you would for production software (i.e., reviews, documentation, continuous integration, etc.).
- Diagnose customer issues and assist our customer support team as needed.
- Demonstrate perseverance while discovering a bug or issue’s root cause.
- Report and clearly document issues that you find in our bug tracking system.
- Collaborate with a nice, fun, and motivated group of fellow engineers on a daily basis.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent problem solving skills and a strong desire to learn and grow and the ability to adapt and flex to take on different challenges.
- Several years of experience leading developers to design and build a feature or set of features.
- Proven experience using continuous integration processes and systems (Jenkins, CircleCI, TeamCity, etc.).
- Experience developing containerized services deployed to cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Demonstrable knowledge of programming fundamentals and development methodologies.
- A passion for creating quality software that will help protect private data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to create clear and concise written communications.
- Familiarity with databases (e.g, PostgreSQL. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache)
People are what make WireWheel awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.