WireWheel is revolutionizing the area of privacy and data protection for businesses by providing a SaaS solution for companies to safeguard their customer’s most important asset: personal data.
Due to tremendous growth, WireWheel is currently looking for a Lead Software Developer. As a Lead Software Developer, you will lead the technical effort to build features for our data privacy application. You will participate in every stage of the feature's lifecycle from requirements to release. In this role, you will collaborate daily with other software developers, testers, UX, DevOps, product managers, and customer support to make sure that we meet customer needs and create the most valuable features.
Our engineering team builds and supports a web-based platform that enables companies to run their privacy programs. We are a small, growing team in a true start-up environment. As a team, we move fast, adapt to the needs of the business, and ship quality software frequently. Our team members have diverse backgrounds, which helps cultivate an environment for creative problem solving and innovation. We believe that good ideas come from every level of the organization, from interns to the CEO. We invest in the career development of each team member, and strive to provide opportunities to meet personal growth objectives.
We are looking for team members with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company and culture.
- You will craft production-quality code using standard development methodologies.
- Lead technical discussions including design and code reviews.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and UX to estimate and plan releases, including participating in high-level planning at a roadmap level.
- Create automated unit tests with the same development rigor as you would for production software (i.e., reviews, documentation, continuous integration, etc.).
- Diagnose customer issues and assist our customer support team as needed.
- Demonstrate perseverance while discovering a bug or issue’s root cause.
- Report and clearly document issues that you find in our bug tracking system.
- Collaborate with a nice, fun, and motivated group of fellow engineers on a daily basis.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a strong desire to learn and grow and the ability to adapt and flex to take on different challenges.
- Several years of experience leading developers to design and build a feature or set of features.
- Proven experience using continuous integration processes and systems (Jenkins, CircleCI, TeamCity, etc.).
- Experience developing containerized services deployed to cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Demonstrable knowledge of programming fundamentals and development methodologies.
- A passion for creating quality software that will help protect private data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to create clear and concise written communications.
- Familiarity with databases (e., PostgreSQLg. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache)
Please be advised that WireWheel is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, a valid written agreement and task order must be in place before any resumes are submitted to WireWheel. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at WireWheel without a valid written agreement and task order in place will be deemed the sole property of WireWheel and no fee will be paid in the event that person is hired by WireWheel.
WireWheel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.