Winton is a research-based investment management company with a specialist focus on statistical and mathematical inference in financial markets. The firm researches and trades quantitative investment strategies, which are implemented systematically via thousands of securities, spanning the world's major liquid asset classes. Founded in 1997 by CEO David Harding, Winton today manages assets for some of the world’s largest institutional investors.
We employ ambitious professionals who want to work collaboratively at the leading edge of investment management.
As a member of the Strategy Operations team, you will be responsible for ensuring smooth operation of our trading pipelines from data delivery through to trade generation, spanning multiple asset classes (Equities, Futures, FX, Interest Rate Swaps, Credit Default Swaps).
We're looking for candidates with a can-do attitude and a desire to make technology, computer programs and processes work efficiently. Your work will have a direct impact on the continued success of our trading technology.
- Be a primary responder to business-critical issues, taking ownership of and solving real-time problems to support the reliable running of our trading pipelines.
- Participate in team shift rotations, including the out-of-hours on call rota and early shift pattern (07:30 start time).
- Extract, Load, Transform (ELT) new datasets into our data pipeline.
- Develop and architect the data pipeline codebase.
- Optimise existing processes, ensuring robust and timely operation.
- Ensure data fed into investment strategies meets specified standards.
- Accurately explain unusual system behaviour through knowledge of data and algorithms.
- Contribute to and lead projects that will result in changes to data, algorithms or software used by our investment strategies.
What we're looking for:
- A degree in a STEM subject.
- Familiarity with Python and its built-in data structures.
- Knowledge of version control software, preferably Git.
- A practical approach to independent problem solving.
What would be useful:
- Up to 2 years of experience working with software within a commercial environment.
- Experience with Pandas as a tool for data manipulation.
- Proficient in SQL; confident in exploring SQL databases and creating ad hoc queries.
Equal Opportunity Workplace
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.