The TERRES EAU VIE Activity is jointly implemented by Winrock International and Tetra Tech to address RISE II’s first objective to “Enhance social and ecological risk management systems” through three components:
- Improved water security.
- Enhanced sustainable productive land use.
- Improved management of shocks, risks and stresses.
This Activity covers 25 rural communes in the Maradi, Tillabery and Zinder regions. The positions will be based in Zinder, Maradi and Tillabery, with project-funded travel in the targeted communes.
- Develop and implement guidelines for optimal utilization of water infrastructure (tanks)
- Advise on cost-efficient systems for water service delivery and treatment
- Advise on long-term sustainability strategy for tanks, including integration into MUS
- Advise on capacity building to CVD and WUA, develop training material as needed
- Experience developing water supply and logistics systems
- Experience setting up water supply systems in an emergency context
- Experience developing capacity of host communities in water resource management
- French or English fluency (bilingual preferred)
- West Africa experience preferred
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer.