Country Coordinator, Turkmenistan
The Country Coordinator will be responsible for planning and implementing the country-level activities of Safe Migration in Central Asia Project. The overarching goal of the program is to strengthen the ability of Central Asia to promote safe migration and reduce trafficking in persons. The program will build on efforts and current activities on safe migration and counter-trafficking by all stakeholders in the Central Asia region, including governments, NGOs, and the private sector, and will work to achieve the following objectives:
- Strengthened bilateral and multilateral country strategies and actions to promote rights-based migration and counter-trafficking in persons efforts,
- Vulnerability of at-risk populations to all forms of trafficking in persons reduced, and
- Identification and assistance to trafficked persons expanded and improved.
The Country Coordinator is responsible for conceptualization and implementation of country-level activities and working collaboratively with the regional team, the government of Turkmenistan, and implementing partners to achieve project objectives in the country. S/he will maintain systems for national project operations; establish and manage working relationships with project stakeholders (including high-level government officials, international and national NGOs, private sector partners); carry out distinct activities, maintain robust monitoring and evaluation processes, and oversee relevant grantees and consultants. This may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Manage the counter-trafficking project components in Turkmenistan with responsibilities, including: (a) establishing and maintaining systems for project operation; (b) leading project’s annual planning, activities and deliverables; (c) brokering strategic partnerships to achieve maximum project impact; (d) overseeing national-level monitoring and evaluation of project implementation and deliverables; (d) provide timely reporting on country-level activities.
- Implement results-driven activities related to policy, prevention, and protection at the country-level.
- Develop and implement strategies for working with government entities, community organizations, private sector companies, and other actors to reducing vulnerability to all forms of human trafficking.
- Organize, lead, and participate in collaborative initiatives with government officials to create, amend, and enforce policies relating to counter-trafficking.
- Seek new partnerships with organizations combatting human trafficking and/or promoting safe migration regionally or locally.
- Engage with local migrant networks and diaspora groups to improve support for members.
- Oversee staff, consultants and partners.
- Contribute to research as needed.
- Provide regular and timely communications on project progress and successes.
- Mainstream gender equality and social inclusion recommendations during planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Coordinate national-level efforts with the Chief of Party to enhance regional cooperation on counter-trafficking and safe migration measures.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Successful candidates will have experience engaging with the government, technical leadership and management skills, as well as relevant experience implementing programs in relevant technical areas.
Bachelor’s degree required, in international development, management, social science, education, economic development, law, public policy or other related field of study. Certification, training, or experience in migration, gender issues, organizational development, or policy analysis would be an asset.
- Minimum seven years of relevant professional experience in a management position in a program of similar magnitude and complexity
- Demonstrated success in designing, managing, and implementing technical assistance projects, preferably with USAID funding
- Experience managing projects targeting vulnerable populations preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge in social inclusion and gender issues, and demonstrated experience and proficiency in managing programs that mainstream gender
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, conflict, and ethical management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Russian, and Turkmen.
- Proven staff management and partner oversight skills.
- Demonstrated drafting and report writing skills.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft).
Applicants email a current CV and cover letter referencing TK Safe Migration Coordinator to CentralAsiaJobs@winrock.org.
Winrock International is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. EOE/AA