Winrock International will be recruiting applicants for the position of F&A Manager for a child labor, forced labor and human trafficking multi-country project.
Winrock is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven, field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. Winrock embraces continuous quality improvement and a culture of impact, accountability and entrepreneurship.
This is a global program funded by the US Department of Labor (USDOL) and aims to increase the capacity of host governments to reduce child labor through the following three outcomes:
- Strengthened labor and/or criminal legal framework concerning child labor, forced labor, and/or human trafficking;
- Improved enforcement of the labor and/or criminal legal framework, specifically related to child labor, forced labor, and/or human trafficking;
- Increased coordination among law enforcement and social protection entities to address child labor, forced labor, and/or human trafficking.
The F&A Manager is responsible for overall administrative and financial management of the Attaining Lasting Change for Better Enforcement of Labor and Criminal Law on Child Labor, Forced Labor and Human Trafficking (ATLAS) project in Thailand. The position will be responsible for providing effective and efficient financial and administrative services. S/he will work with Country Coordinator and Program Manager at home office to establish and manage effective, transparent and auditable processes and procedures. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage relations with banking institutions, the medical insurance provider, Thai revenue government agencies, etc.
- Maintain bank, cash, and checkbook records.
- Manages and reports petty cash according to policies and procedures.
- Prepares wire requests to be submitted to Winrock’s home office.
- Prepare monthly payroll in compliance to labor and tax laws in country and other Winrock’s process and policies.
- Prepare and update monthly disbursement schedule and financial reports.
- Assist compliance with country financial, accounting and operational policies.
- Make payments to staff, vendors and consultants in compliance with Winrock and donor regulations and Thai legal requirements.
- Request quotes from vendors to procure goods and services, as applicable.
- Conduct due diligence analysis on shortlisted vendors.
- Adhere to Winrock and donor financial procedures and record-keeping policies.
- Maintain updated and accurate F&A filing system, as well as personnel files.
- Work with the Country Coordinator to enforce accounting controls and procedures that ensure high level of financial integrity in the program
- Keep a proper individual travel advance request filling system to ensure staff account for resources in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist Country Coordinator in preparing budgets, budget narratives and monthly, quarterly and annual projections.
- Organize office meetings and support logistics of other project events.
- Submit timely and accurate monthly financial and reconciliation reports to home office, with Country Coordinator for approval.
- Prepare and update inventory list.
- Keep office stock supply available for effective operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Successful candidates will have a minimum of five years of financial and/or accounting experience working on U.S. government funded projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required, in business administration, accounting, finance, or other related field of study.
- Master’s degree and/or any accounting certifications are a strong plus.
- At least seven years’ experience in F&A/operational management, including a background in procurement, human resources and staff management, and financial and administrative compliance.
- International development experience in a similar position.
- Experience in the management of field offices is a plus.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, conflict, and ethical management skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Thai languages.
- Strong skills in spreadsheet software (Microsoft).
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks Pro or similar accounting software.
Applicants should submit their application, a current resume and cover letter referencing ATLAS F&A Manager, Thailand by September 27, 2019.
Thai nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.