The Civil Society & Education Unit (CSE) internship is a minimum 3-month, flexible-time paid internship with hours from 20 – 40 depending on the candidate’s ability. This position requires a dynamic, detail-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can take on and lead tasks related to new business research, proposal management and communication in international development. We are looking for an independent, engaged self-starter who is ready for a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of the international development field.
You will have a chance to work with a passionate and talented team on projects including improving access to education for vulnerable youth in Cox’s Bazar in Bangladesh, women’s economic empowerment in Jordan, and developing private sector networks to reduce human trafficking in targeted supply chains in South Asia.
- Conduct market analysis to identify and validate new and diverse business opportunities;
- Support proposal development the preparation of capabilities statements, tailoring CVs, supporting recruitment/staffing processes, and other roles;
- Assist with database updates and intel-gathering on prospective opportunities;
- Serve as Proposal Manager and ensure that the team is on track to meet milestones and deadlines; Coordinate and streamline information; and,
- Other new business research/operational assistance, as needed and available.
- Help compile, update and produce project success stories to publicize progress and achievements;
- Track relevant events and disseminate information to CSE team.
- Help plan and organize public events.
- Liaise with Winrock’s Communication unit to share CSE materials for wider publication and dissemination to stakeholders.
- Coordinate development of presentation and awareness materials (e.g., brochures, posters) on the project or our technical competencies for distribution.
Qualifications and Background:
- Recent BA or MA graduate. Alternatively, active MA student available to work full time.
- Relevant focus area related to CSE’s work including international relations, education, political science, women’s studies, human rights, international law etc.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- International experience preferred.
- Exceptional writing and other communications skills required.
- Strong analytical and research skills essential.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience preparing communications materials including brochures, pamphlets, presentations.
- Experience writing or contributing to grant applications/proposals preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, ability to think critically and work independently are a must.
- Proven commitment to pursuing a career in international development strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint) strongly desired.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer.