The Communications Officer will be responsible developing project updates for the donor and general public and leading communciations and activities around internationally recoginized days, such as 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence (GBV), International Women’s day and others. This will involve collecting, compiling and editing inputs for weekly reports, success stories, and a monthly program narrative. The Communications Officer will support the Sr. ME&L Specialist with the drafting of quarterly and annual reports, the program annual work plan, and developing ad hoc presentations and reports as required.
This position requires travel to the field to liaise with government agencies, gather information for reporting as well as to develop the communications related skills of program staff. The Communications Officer will work cloasely with the Monitoring & Evaluation team, technical staff, and support M&E functions by tracking specific indicators described below.
- Support with implementation and compliance with USAID Bersama’s communication strategy and plan, and, branding and marking plan
- Collect inputs from technical staff and field officers on their weekly progress and work with the Sr. ME&L Specialist to compile and edit weekly and monthly reports in English
- Develop bi-monthly (twice a month) posting for social media (Facebook/lLinkedin/Instragram/Twitter) and submit to home office
- Develop bi-monthly brief success stories for USAID
- Support Sr. ME&L specialist to develop quarterly and annual reports in a timely manner
- Support others to draftprogram annual work plans
- Work with the program staff to identify, collect inputs for success stories for quarterly reports
- Collect data, track and report on indicators related to communication activities such as # of people exposed to messages related to GBV through Bersama activities, and,. # of communications materials, events, and campaigns developed and implemented with the government
- Maintain project photo database and consent forms
- Work with relevant government agencies to post content related to GBV services, preventaion and related activites, including those with Bersama, on their social media sites
- Provide training and/or ongoing guidance to field staff for compliance with project branding and marking requirements and other communications topics (the latter in coordination with Sr. ME&L Specialist)
- Assist with developing briefing materials and scene setters for USAID and other high level vistors (in coordination with M&E team)
- Support with developing ‘marketing’ materials highlighting program accomplishments for USAID, and other donors and partners (in coordination with Sr. ME&L Specialist)
- Other tasks as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCES
- Master’s degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree in communications, international development, or related field
- Minimum 4 years communications experience
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English including strong writing skills required.
- Should have previous experience working on USAID or international development projects;
- Excellent management, communication, and organization skills are essential.
- Work well with all levels of employees, be flexible in nature, have sound judgment with an open and collaborative style that encourages teamwork and cooperation beyond the immediate team to the broader organization/project.
- High-level computer skills (Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) are required.
- Willingness to travel frequently in the project area.
- Familiar and experice with all major social media platforms.