Wingocard is a FinTech startup looking to disrupt the banking industry. Our product is aiming to help parents and teens enter the new era of banking by helping parents teach their children the concepts of responsible banking while also bringing financial freedom to young teenagers by not having to depend on their parents for their credit cards.
Wingocard is in its early stage and is looking for it’s first core members to join the team. This team will be responsible for building the foundational platform that will be used to launch the Wingocard product and onboard its first customers!
About the Role
As a Senior Back End Developer at Wingocard, you will be helping the engineering team in architecting and implementing the foundational pieces of the Wingocard FinTech API. These APIs will need to be scalable, resilient and ensure high availability. They will be responsible for interfacing with external FinTech products whilst also exposing an API that will be consumed by the Wingocard application. Our systems need to be agnostic and robust to ensure they will be a strong foundation to build on over time as we build up the Wingocard product and platform.
- Are passionate about technology
- Have a history of building and architecting distributed systems
- Have experience building systems that are both scalable and highly resilient
- Are pragmatic
- Aren’t scared of a Unix shell
- Don’t shy away from things like ERDs and DFDs
- Appreciate good documentation
- Are able to debug an application on any part of the stack (browser, transport, backend, database, etc.)
Then you will feel right at home!
Must-have Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of industry software engineering and architecture experience
- 2+ years of hands on experience working with Golang at scale in an production environment
- Experience working with a RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, etc)
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Passion for operational excellence and drive towards creating performant, scalable and reliable applications
- Experience in distributed architecture and best practices
- A team player
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Docker
Nice-to-have Skills & Experience:
- PostgreSQL experience
- GCP Pub/Sub experience
- Experience with Google Cloud Run
- Startup experience
- Experience in the FinTech domain
What it means to work at Wingocard
Wingocard is a fully remote company that is headquartered out of Montréal QC, Canada. We are passionate about company culture and strive to make a positive impact on the people around us. Our main company values are:
- Honesty and Transparency
- Be a Bar-Raiser
- 16" Apple MacBook Pro
- Choice of high resolution monitor(s)
- Web Cam
- Choice of Bluetooth Headset
- Group Benefits
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Competitive salary + stock options
Apply to join Wingocard and help us build the best banking application for parents and teens the world has ever seen!
Wingocard is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining the team, you may be asked to undergo security screening including a criminal record check.
Wingocard provides equal employment opportunity EEO to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Wingocard will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.