Senior Resource Manager
Location & Flexibility
Our Resource Manager role will be an integral part of our leadership at WillowTree. To help retain our deep culture of collaboration both among ourselves and our clients, this role will maintain an in-office presence in a hybrid (Work From Near) capacity in our US office locations.
Learn more about Work From Near.
Who We Are
WillowTree is one of the largest independent digital consultancies in the US providing strategy, research, design, and engineering services to Fortune 500 companies all over the world. Some of WillowTree’s current clients include HBO, Hilton, Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo, and more.
As a Resource Manager at WillowTree, you'll collaborate across disciplines to identify staffing needs across projects, build cross-functional teams, and manage team capacities. You'll work together with business development to prepare new teams based on confidence levels in the sales pipeline, and with delivery teams to maintain staffing across ongoing projects. To succeed, you will need to exercise excellent communication skills, strive to uphold processes and make decisions that balance business goals and delivery needs.
This Resource Management position will directly support WillowTree’s growing Adobe practice, headquartered out of our Boston office. We offer a hybrid work model—two days a week in the office and three days from home. We are most interested in forming long-term relationships with hard-working, self-motivated individuals who take pride in their work, are up for any challenge, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, professional environment.
- Develop, execute, and communicate plans pertaining to visibility, the accuracy of demand, the status of sales pipeline, and fulfillment strategy
- Curate reporting for internal stakeholders that communicate insights like utilization trends, unallocated resource reporting, and staffing needs
- Lead weekly resourcing meetings with project managers and creative/engineering directors to discuss staffing needs, identify areas of underutilization as well as opportunities to rebalance workload
- Manage agency resource allocation and time tracking processes, software, reporting, and planning
- Identify resourcing gaps and prepare proposed solutions ahead of weekly meetings, and continue to monitor team bandwidth and resolve real-time resource needs throughout the week
- Address ad-hoc client requests by assessing priority levels and quickly facilitating a solution
- Partner with PMs to manage resources, schedules, and timelines to ensure key milestones are met
- Partner with business development to monitor confidence levels of opportunities to prepare resource plans for new clients
- Maintain up-to-date records of Statements of Work (SOWs) and staffing plans
- Have a bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or a related field
- Have 3+ years of experience in a project management or resource management role (experience managing demand and capacity, overages, budgets, team member allocation, etc.)
- Have experience with capacity planning and utilization reporting
- Have experience working with engineering, design and project management resources
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, and a high level of empathy
- Are a self-starter and problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Experience working with technical projects (understanding of the SDLC, allocating software projects)
- Expertise with Enterprise Resource Management software or similar
- Previous Project Coordination or Management experience
- Experience transforming data into insights
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.