Location and Flexibility
Our Senior Digital Strategy Consultant will be an integral part of our team at WillowTree. To help retain our deep culture of collaboration both among ourselves and our clients, this role will maintain an in-office presence in a hybrid (Work From Near) capacity. Please indicate which of our available office location(s) you're interested in via the application form below.
Who We Are
WillowTree is one of the largest independent digital consultancies in the US providing strategy, research, design, and engineering services to Fortune 500 companies all over the world. Some of WillowTree’s clients include Royal Caribbean Cruises, Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo, the NBA, and more. We are also one of a few firms globally to be certified partners with Apple, Google, SAP, and Microsoft.
As a Senior Digital Strategy Consultant, you’ll play a leading role at the intersection of Business Strategy, Technology, and User Experience in guiding the creation and evolution of the world’s best digital products and experiences. Our Strategists have the autonomy to create beautiful, useful digital products across platforms: native apps, responsive sites, bots, voice assistants, and more, for many well-known brands. They operate at both the individual product level, and across a client’s digital portfolio / suite of offerings.
Great product sits at the intersection of Desirability, Feasibility, and Viability, and our best-in-class teams bridge each of these, through the seamless collaboration between strategy, research, design and engineering. With an emphasis on viability and desirability (and capable of speaking to the latest in CX-enabling tech), our Strategy practice identifies competitive whitespace, facilitates client workshops to draw out business goals and strategic priorities, participates in user research, drives ideation designed to achieve business goals and meet user needs, and articulates business value to make recommendations for the direction of a product or experience. Our Strategists serve as trusted advisors to senior clients, with an aim of developing lasting relationships.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Tell compelling and inspiring stories through artfully crafted presentations outlining the research, vision, and specific recommendations balanced with technical reality
- Identify and articulate business goals, market goals, and user goals
- Create clarity out of ambiguous problem spaces; quick to focus the team’s effort in the most valuable direction
- Consult on user acquisition and marketing strategies for new products
- Gather and analyze large amounts of information expeditiously while developing compelling, insightful recommendations and product vision
- Communicate product decisions to senior-level stakeholders
- Lead ideation exercises and driving creative problem solving
- Articulate and quantify the business impact of our ideas; partner with clients to justify investments in a shared vision
- Envision new business models and monetization opportunities
- Work closely with designers, researchers, and project managers to set the direction for products and/or portfolios and platforms
- Work with WillowTree leadership to identify whitespace in our strategy service offering
- Contribute to commercial activity, such as providing strategic input into client pitch-work and RFP responses
- Experience working in a top management consultancy with exposure to digital product/software strategy engagements
- An understanding of user-centered research principles and how to apply those user insights
- Have successfully launched products from previous roles
- Led client engagements and are empathetic to client needs
- Managed project workshops, check-ins, timelines, and presentations
- Can clearly articulate business requirements and carry those business requirements through the UX of the product
- Comfort with quantitative analyses (e.g., Comment start financial modeling Comment end , market sizing)
- Significant mobile and emerging technology industry knowledge
- Can successfully tell stories with inspired presentations; understands how to structure a narrative for maximum impact
- Exposure to ‘beyond the product’ management consulting
- Pricing and distribution
- Marketing strategy and customer segmentation
- Scenario planning
- Innovation incubator design
- Design thinking process consulting
- Digital transformation roadmapping
- Masters in Business Administration
- Adept at building long-term relationships with client stakeholders
- Expert Keynote skills
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.