Location & Flexibility
Our VP of Human Resources & Performance Development will be an integral part of our team at WillowTree. To help retain our deep culture of collaboration among ourselves, this role will maintain an in-office presence in a hybrid (Work From Near) capacity in our Durham, NC or Charlottesville, VA office. Please indicate which of our available office location(s) you're interested in via the application form below.
Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to build and design digital flagship products crucial to our clients’ business needs. We’re one of the largest independent digital firms in the US and some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Hilton, Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo, and more! Check out what others are saying about us.
WillowTree is a company of talented people who are passionate about their craft. Our core values are central to everything we do and influence every part of our performance development approach. That approach is based on feedback, coaching, recognition, and opportunities for growth. We have a great foundation, but this role represents the opportunity to influence strategies that improve the experience and trajectory of every member of our team.
- You’ll contribute your experience from an organization known for exceptional HR partnership with a focus on performance development
- You’ll work to ensure that our performance development system is fair and consistent
- You’ll build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvements
- You’ll ensure initiatives and approaches are measurable and are aligned with business objectives to achieve business goals and strategic direction
- You’ll lead and inspire a team of talented HR professionals
- You and your team will work with leaders throughout the company to understand and find solutions to their most important personnel opportunities and challenges
- You’ll deeply understand the competitive landscape WillowTree operates in and continually use that knowledge to refine our performance development approach
- You’ll analyze and improve our tech stack to ensure our progress is measurable and decisions are data-driven
- You’ll work closely with discipline leaders as well as leaders in L&D and Talent Acquisition to analyze and improve our talent development approach
- You’ve contributed significantly to the development and management of an HR and Performance Development program for a top-tier consultancy, agency, or technology company
- You have a well-rounded HR background with a significant concentration in performance development and business partnership
- You have experience leading global HR teams
- You have a demonstrated ability to provide strategic partnership and HR expertise to business leaders
- You model the behaviors you coach others to use for successful performance development
- You have a demonstrated ability to think strategically, understand business needs, and translate ideas to action that have real organizational impact
- You understand the importance of inclusion in the workplace and have prioritized DEI in your policies and programs
- You have a demonstrated ability to implement, measure, and improve processes through collaboration and leadership
- You have excellent communication skills and an ability to represent WillowTree internally and externally
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple changing priorities; showing optimism in the face of challenges
- You’re able to navigate ambiguity and proactively find clarity
- You’re looking for a place where you have the autonomy to try new things and own the outcomes
P.S. In an ideal world, you have all the bullet points we listed, but hey — we know that’s a lot of bullets. If you feel confident about a good amount of them, we can ramp you up on the rest.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.