When team members told us they needed more flexibility around where and how they worked, we acted, creating two options to accommodate two different styles of work. One non-negotiable principle along the way? We had to retain our deep culture of collaboration, both among ourselves and with our clients. Introducing Work From Near and Work From Anywhere at WillowTree. Learn more here. Please indicate which location(s) you're interested in via the application form. If you're applying for a non-remote position and you are not currently local to the location(s), we encourage you to apply! We offer financial relocation assistance.
Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to build and design digital flagship products crucial to our clients’ business needs. We’re one of the largest independent digital firms in the US and some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Hilton, Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo, and more! Check out what others are saying about us.
WillowTree is hiring for empathetic, curious engineers to join our growing team. We work in a fast-paced and energizing atmosphere and help our clients’ build robust mobile and web applications. Our Test Engineering technologies vary by project, so we value flexibility and willingness to learn. Our goal is to build amazing solutions for our clients, and ensuring a quality experience is a crucial part of how we deliver on that promise.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Understand the various types of testing methodologies and can work collaboratively on implementation
- Effectively communicate your testing approach and decisions to clients and teammates
- Have professional programming experience — we’re thinking at least 5 years
- Can architect robust automated testing suites across different platforms
- You follow and advocate for SDLC processes
- Embody a growth mindset and are committed to continuously learning new technologies and honing your craft
- Are motivated by solving problems and finding creative solutions
- Believe in autonomy and taking initiative
- Can recommend solutions for a particular platform's problem
- Consider 'big picture' perspectives and can successfully balance business goals or technical constraints
- Inspire others to write code that is durable, secure, scalable, always up and running
- Are eager to share your knowledge with teammates through mentorship, code reviews, and pair programming sessions
- Have strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Have worked with relational and/or NoSQL databases.
- Experience testing for accessibility with tools such as screen readers and an appreciation for inclusive and accessible UI implementations
- Experience writing and executing tests for SEO, or Analytics
- Familiarity with CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI, Fastlane) and experience setting up deployment pipelines
- Some experience with load, performance, penetration, or security testing
- Experience using Cypress.io, TestCafe, Swift, or Kotlin
- Engagement in thought leadership (Blog articles, Git Gists, Stack Overflow answers)
- Familiarity with one CMS: EpiServer; Sitefinity; AEM
You’ll love this job if you...
- Are comfortable collaborating with teams and clients to deliver software in an agile environment
- Seek to improve existing code by making it more maintainable, testable and elegant
- Enjoy pair-programming
- Believe the job isn’t finished until your code is covered by unit tests
- Pride yourself on your work and take your responsibilities and commitments seriously
- Value daily opportunities to immerse yourself in your work
- Celebrate differences and thrive in an environment where everyone’s unique contributions are encouraged
- Value feedback and a culture that fosters personal and professional growth
What Makes WillowTree Special
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.