When team members told us they needed more flexibility around where and how they worked, we acted, creating two options to accommodate two different styles of work. One non-negotiable principle along the way? We had to retain our deep culture of collaboration, both among ourselves and with our clients. Introducing Work From Near and Work From Anywhere at WillowTree. Learn more here. Please indicate which location(s) you're interested in via the application form. If you're applying for a non-remote position and you are not currently local to the location(s), we encourage you to apply! We offer financial relocation assistance.
Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
Being trusted by world-class companies to build digital products core to their business requires hiring world-class talent, which is no small feat! Demand for top talent far outweighs supply; competition is fierce; and the best candidates are highly selective.
In this recruiting environment, the companies that win the talent game are the ones who get ahead of it. It’s no longer realistic to post jobs online and expect premier talent to apply. Companies need to go on the offensive - proactively sourcing top prospects, building relationships, nurturing talent pipelines, and marketing their employer brand. That’s where you come in!
As a Sourcing Specialist, your mission will be to identify, engage, and convert talent prospects into applicants, build and nurture a pipeline of potential candidates for roles in the future, and run marketing campaigns that ensure WillowTree is top of mind in the talent community.
This role is a unique combination of outbound search, marketing strategy, and operations. One day you might be heads-down hunting for prospects for a newly opened, high priority role, the next you may be creating new nurture campaigns or analyzing the performance of existing ones, or simply communicating with prospective candidates about why WillowTree is a great place to be. This is an excellent role for anyone who loves to find talent, build a pipeline, and nurture relationships.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Understand the talent functions & personas that succeed at WillowTree, source candidates, generate interest, and convert to applicants.
- Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines and execute based on tactical research, referral generation, events, and sourcing campaigns.
- Develop short-term attraction and long-term nurture campaigns for top-tier candidates.
- Support and optimize smart paid digital media campaigns to align with Talent Acquisition priorities, ensuring that WillowTree is building awareness and generating engagement within targeted candidate communities.
- Report on pipeline updates to recruiters and hiring managers regarding pipeline activity, challenges, and market trends to help drive sourcing strategy and enable faster, smarter hiring decisions.
- Continually bring new, fresh and creative ideas to the table.
- 2-3 years of recruiting-related experience, talent sourcing experience, or digital lead gen.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams to build pipelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly with employees, stakeholders, candidates, and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to craft engaging outreach messages to attract passive talent.
- An understanding of talent marketing campaigns and how CRM technology can be applied to nurture interest and build brand recognition.
- Passion for innovation, creative problem solving, and process improvement.
- Positive attitude, collaborative spirit & passion for championing the candidate experience via creative avenues, and ability to partner with the right people to make it happen.
- Experience with conversion copywriting and A/B testing in a digital media environment.
- Experience working in LinkedIn’s Campaign Manager
- Experience with Hubspot, Mailchimp, Outreach, Greenhouse, GEM
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include mentorship, dedicated time to innovate on passion projects, and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.