WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US and some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo. Check out what others are saying about us!
Few people think about all the nuances and layers of detail that go into making an app, but that’s exactly what Product Analyst do. The Product Analyst role at WillowTree is a client-facing position focused on understanding our partner’s unique business needs and vision. They collaborate closely with WillowTree’s design and engineering teams to execute and bring that vision to life by translating business requirements into technical requirements.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or involvement in student organizations.
*This is not a remote position, but all team members are working from home until our offices reopen. This role is open in three locations: Charlottesville, VA, Columbus, OH, and Durham, NC.
- Act like a detective; they can quickly determine what they need to know and where to go to find the answers
- Love cultivating communication between varying audiences of experts + non-experts alike
- Have worked on a project or a team in a lead capacity whether that was stage managing a theater production or managing a robotics team
- Enjoy being the organizer of a group or event
- Are curious about everything and ask a lot of questions
- Are clear writers and clear communicators
- Are receptive to feedback and show willingness to act on it
- Approach problem solving in a logical manner
- Plans to graduate in December 2021 or May 2022
- Committed attention to detail and a need to document everything
- Genuine curiosity about technology
- Passion for finding the best ways to organize and communicate information
- Ability to prioritize work across multiple competing projects
- Extraordinary ability to quickly read and synthesize large documents and clients (in person and in writing)
- Knowledge of Agile development methods
- Published writing
- Multi-platform project experience
- In-depth technical knowledge
- Real passion for mobile and tech
P.S. In an ideal world, you’re a star with all the bullets we listed, but hey — we know that’s a lot of bullets. WillowTree builds teams with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives, so if you’re smart and passionately curious, don’t worry about checking all of the boxes. If you feel confident about a good amount of them, we can ramp you up on the rest.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include mentorship, dedicated time to innovate, and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.