When team members told us they needed more flexibility around where and how they worked, we acted, creating two options to accommodate two different styles of work. One non-negotiable principle along the way? We had to retain our deep culture of collaboration, both among ourselves and with our clients. Introducing Work From Near and Work From Anywhere at WillowTree. Learn more here. Please indicate which location(s) you're interested in via the application form. If you're applying for a non-remote position and you are not currently local to the location(s), we encourage you to apply! We offer financial relocation assistance.
WillowTree is hiring for empathetic, curious engineers to join our growing team. We work in a fast-paced and energizing atmosphere and help our clients’ build robust mobile and web applications. Our Test Engineering technologies vary by project, so we value flexibility and willingness to learn. Our goal is to build amazing solutions for our clients, and ensuring a quality experience is a crucial part of how we deliver on that promise.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Understand the various types of testing and when to implement each
- Create and execute test cases for features within the software delivery lifecycle
- Demonstrate QA & Test Engineering fundamentals with an eye for design and user experience
- Have at least 3-5 + years of programming experience and a knowledge of SDLC processes
- Understand the basics of a test engineering framework for web or mobile projects
- Write clear defect reports and have worked with a team to make informed triage decisions
- Embody a growth mindset to continuously learn new technologies and hone your craft
- Are motivated by solving problems autonomously and finding creative solutions collaboratively
- Have some experience writing test plans or test strategies
- Can effectively communicate with your team regarding project status, needs, and risks
- Familiarity with at least one testing framework: (e.g. Cypress.io, TestCafe, or Swift/Kotlin for mobile applications)
- Fundamental understanding of at least one coding language
- Experience testing for accessibility with tools such as screen readers
- An appreciation for quality code, the development processes, as well as inclusive and accessible UI implementations
- You have experience writing and executing tests for SEO or Analytics
- Familiarity with one CMS - EpiServer; dotCMS; AEM
- Knowledge of any of the following tools GitHub, Jira, Postman, or Charles Proxy
- A basic understanding of CI/CD processes
- Experience working with relational and/or NoSQL databases
You’ll love this job if you...
- Are comfortable collaborating with teams and clients to deliver software in an agile environment
- Seek to improve existing code by making it more maintainable, testable and elegant
- Enjoy pair-programming
- Believe the job isn’t finished until your code is covered by unit tests
- Pride yourself on your work and take your responsibilities and commitments seriously
- Value daily opportunities to immerse yourself in your work
- Celebrate differences and thrive in an environment where everyone’s unique contributions are encouraged
- Value feedback and a culture that fosters personal and professional growth
Why You'll Love Working Here
We are a fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who care about impacting our clients' lives. We empower our teams to make decisions, take risks, drive our business and make changes when we don't get it right. Here's what we value:
- Exceed Client Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every client that compels them to share it with others
- Take Ownership: We make decisions in the best interests of our clients and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand and try new things
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful and honest with each person we interact with
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement, and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough
What Makes WillowTree Special
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.