Who We Are
WillowTree, a TELUS International Company, is an award-winning digital product consultancy driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centric design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to build and design digital flagship products crucial to our clients’ business needs. We’re a global consultancy with a client list that includes the NBA, Capital One, Mastercard, Charles Schwab, PepsiCo, AB InBev, Marriott, Domino's, and many more. Ultimately we measure ourselves by the outcomes we achieve for our clients.
In January 2023, WillowTree was acquired by TELUS International (Symbol: TIXT). The combined company brings an unparalleled ability to deliver customer service solutions to our clients, including apps, websites, voice experiences, content moderation, AI annotation, and customer experience representatives.
Check out what some of us love about working at WillowTree here.
Location & Flexibility
When team members told us they needed more flexibility and autonomy around where and how they worked, we acted, creating two options to accommodate two different styles of work. One non-negotiable principle along the way? We had to retain our deep culture of collaboration, both among ourselves and with our clients. Introducing Work From Near (Hybrid) and Work From Anywhere (Remote) at WillowTree. Learn more here.
This role is classified as Work from Near.
As a Director, Solutions Architecture, you’ll provide continuity in pre-sale and delivery stages with our client and executive partners. You’ll leverage your software delivery experience and technical expertise to refine, architect, plan, and initiate new projects. While working with a delivery team, you’ll support in-flight projects and implement our client partner’s vision. SA Directors bring their dynamic capabilities to a variety of scenarios, such as: speaking with prospective clients about our capabilities, leading architecture and discovery projects for new client initiatives, and working with a delivery team to implement their vision. During downtime, SAs act as roving catalysts to support in-flight projects, with L&D time spent growing their technology expertise in a selected specialization (e.g. AWS).
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Presale: Lead scoping, technical design, and work planning during the presale process while speaking with prospective clients about your project team’s capabilities
- Delivery: Play the lead role in technical architecture and discovery projects, using consulting methods to refine the product and technical architecture of client projects
- Subject Matter Expertise: Own a “technology vertical”, encompassing solution design, platform selection, implementation support, and thought leadership (e.g. AWS, Content Management Systems, hybrid mobile frameworks, etc)
- Roving Catalyst: Enhance existing project teams with architectural account-level guidance or specific subject matter expertise
- An eye for details and an ability to navigate ambiguity
- Experience delivering software in an agency/client-service environment
- Ability to clearly break down complex ideas to both technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience having commercial conversations involving budgets and fees
- Multi-platform familiarity, with expertise in one or more of the following:
- Front-end mobile technologies (iOS, Android, Web/JS)
- Backend cloud and/or enterprise platforms (AWS/Azure)
- Content management systems, analytics platforms, and other 3rd party frameworks
- Experience with software estimation, work planning, and building project plans within time/cost constraints
- You're excited to learn the principles of mobile software development
- Experience quickly iterating and refining a product vision with a client by offering multiple approach options
- Passion to apply modern processes that transform client organizations (e.g. continuous delivery, rapid iteration, and agile-inspired methodologies)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use repeatable frameworks and best practices to incorporate new technologies or concepts
- Appreciation for the wider client enterprise, beyond a single project or initiative
- Desire to expand an account to holistically service a client
- Equally comfortable working in pre-sale and post-sale environments
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.