We're looking for a talented and passionate Senior Backend Engineer to join Wildlife's Platform Core team in São Paulo, Brazil.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will play a key role in designing highly scalable, easy-to-use, secure and resilient systems for our Game Services Platform, working closely with stakeholders, other senior engineers and game teams to develop world-class services that are used in our games' creation, operation, and distribution. Our main goal is to empower our game teams to do their work faster and better, making our games reach the next billion people.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a "take the initiative" environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do
- Work closely to stakeholders to devise solutions that meet business and technical expectations.
- Be part of the development workflow from implementation to delivery, ensuring technical excellence by always looking for improvement opportunities.
- Be a technical reference, helping teams to define technical standards and processes for our projects.
- Conduct solution exploration dynamics with stakeholders.
- Provide technical and solution mentorship to other backend engineers.
What you'll need
- University degree in courses related to computing such as Computer Engineering and Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in designing technical solutions for highly scalable event-driven systems.
- Solid experience with cloud providers such as AWS.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Proven understanding of computer science concepts (data structures, networking, concurrency, memory management, algorithm analysis, etc).
- Knowledge and experience with Go and frontend engineering is a differential.
More about you
- Empowering teams is key to scaling. We look for engineers that have a history of designing user experiences that enable others to do their best work. You have a keen eye for standard features and demands and can build from different requirements and expectations to a common ground.
- Responsible for the end result. You understand that a job half done is not enough. Even when facing difficulties or unforeseen obstacles, you do what must be done. You know that it is meaningless to do tasks assigned to you without thinking about the success of the overall project you are working on.
- Metrics focused. We are metrics-oriented, and our systems have a high impact on the performance of our games. You have an analytic mindset and focus on ensuring visibility to your clients. You aim for superior system design, guaranteeing the highest availability possible.
- High scale and low-latency. You are excited about the challenges brought by high scale and low-latency requirements. You thrive when discussing the architecture and best practices of such systems and have great attention when developing its internals to ensure an efficient and easily maintainable code.
- Love to learn. We value professionals that like to learn new things, are autonomous and proactive to bring and implement their ideas.
- Team player. You know that great work can only be achieved through collaboration and diversity of ideas. You are willing to help out wherever needed and are always looking for different inputs from your team.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.