We're looking for a talented and passionate Senior Fullstack Engineer to join Wildlife's Engineering Team.
As an engineer in game teams, you will participate in the full cycle of game development. You will make core decisions such as the overall software architecture and technology stack. However, you will not only act as a software architect. Additionally, you will be involved in the design and implementation of all other technical aspects of the game, such as gameplay mechanics, metagame logic and game world economy, both in the mobile app and in the server.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a "take the initiative" environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do
- Build gameplay, game systems, and features in new games projects
- Define overall software architecture of new game projects and new features
- Design, implement, and test metagame business logic on game app and services, including the definition of API endpoints and their implementation
- Understand internal game services in detail, and integrate them in new game projects
- Perform code review and design review of other people’s work
- Estimate engineering-related tasks making assumptions about dependencies and risks clear
- Write automated tests
- Provide timely transparency of development status and risks to interested parties
- Interface with game engineers and take part on some full stack development processes
What you'll need
- 5+ years of software development professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in handling large scale systems (several million users)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Working proficiency in English (all documents and most meetings are in English)
- Experience with Golang or C#
Nice to Have
- Experience in the gaming industry, in Unity development, or in mobile development
- Passionate about gaming
- Business knowledge about the games industry
More About You
- Fast learner: You are able to quickly learn new technologies as needed to perform tasks
- Independent: You are able to solve most blockers independently and seek help effectively when needed.
- Adaptable: You handle change well, and are able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You can change contexts without losing productivity.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we build games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance, please let us know at email@example.com.