About the Team
The Creative Team at Wildlife is growing. With an audience that numbers in the millions, our games have the power to impact countless lives. Our games connect people with interesting characters, vibrant worlds, and unforgettable experiences.
That's no small task, but we have a powerful secret weapon: our people. The Wildlife team is a collection of world-class talent, a team focused on synergy, collaboration, and growing strong together.
About the Role
As Wildlife steps onto the international stage, our need for imaginative and exciting storytelling has taken top priority. Our Narrative Team has a strong sense of elevating gameplay by adding dynamic, clear, and exciting tales to our games. From in-game dialogue and narrative to transmedia storytelling on our social media platforms, a writer has the responsibility to ensure that Wildlife is represented by professional and engaging stories.
Who you are:
- Erudite: You are an expert in the art and science of the English language, with a surgical eye for grammar, structure, and colloquial stylings.
- Bard: You know how to tell a good story, how to excite and intrigue an audience with appropriate pacing, detail, and structure. You can evoke emotions and raise heart rates.
- Team Player: You are a self-motivated team player who proactively seeks feedback and shares knowledge.
- Digital Writing Expertise: You have experience working across multiple software packages to write, edit, comment, and critique on copy via Word, Excel, and the G Suite.
What you'll do:
- Creative Generation: You will be responsible for coming up with unique, unexpected, and even startling stories. This is a medium where you need to keep the audience riveted to the screen. Plot twists, character reveals, and genre-breaking shifts are the norm rather than the exception.
- Critical Thinking: We need more than pretty words here, we need narrative problem solving at a high level. Shifting technology and game design will often require changes in plot, character, and even them - the ability to respond to these quickly, intelligently, and creatively is vital.
- Collaboration: You will work closely with the Narrative Director, writers, and Publishing to help establish a voice for Wildlife Studios and our games. You will also work with various other artists and disciplines such as engineering, design and audio to ensure all aspects of our copy is polished.
- Communication: You will use your excellent communication skills in a collaborative and diverse work environment.
What you'll need:
- Experience working as a writer in games or comparable digital media.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- A resume and an online sample of your work.
- You have experience working in games; especially mobile titles.
- You have written and published your own work, or have edited a published work.
- You speak Portuguese, or have an understanding of latin-based language.
Please note that a writing test may be required during the evaluation process.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.
Wildlife Studios is an independent mobile game studio started in 2011 and headquartered in São Paulo, Brazil. The company is growing, and we’re on a mission to build our creative capability.
At Wildlife we’re committed to being a company where the best talent can do their best work. Our goal is to create great games, worlds players escape to, and characters they can’t live without. This is our aspiration, and we know it’s no small task. Our secret weapon is our people, and the company is built to support them. We’re looking for world class talent inspired to be a part of this journey.
We believe video games will be the source of the world's most beloved entertainment franchises. We hope to accelerate this transition by making iconic games that will be remembered and shared for generations.
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on this mission at several locations around the world such as São Paulo (Brazil), Irvine (United States), and San Francisco (United States).