About the Team
The Audio Team at Wildlife is growing. With an audience that numbers in the millions, our games have the power to impact countless lives. Our games connect people with interesting characters, vibrant worlds, and unforgettable experiences.
That's no small task, but we have a powerful secret weapon: our people. The Wildlife team is a collection of world-class talent, a team focused on synergy, collaboration, and growing strong together.
About the Role
The Audio Director is both a creative and technical leader at Wildlife Studios. This role is crucial to help build, mentor and guide a team of Sound Designers to create high quality sound assets into a wide range of top tier mobile titles.
Who you are:
- Creative Leadership: You have years of experience working in a lead, supervisor, manager or audio director capacity in a game/film production environment.
- Inspirational: You have demonstrated ability to inspire creative teams that has led to increasing productivity goals and efficiencies.
- Organization: You have experience helping create and manage department schedules that ensures proper workflow throughout the audio department.
- Adaptability: You have demonstrated an ability to manage a group of audio professionals in a dynamically changing game production environment.
- Tonal Range: You have demonstrated an ability to work within a wide range of audio styles and themes to compliment various genres of games.
- Pipeline: Solid understanding of Foley, recording, mixing, sound design, implementation, and localization techniques.
- Software Expertise: Experience using middleware solutions such as FMOD and WWise across multiple game titles.
What you'll do:
- Audio Constraints: You will work closely with the engineering team to carry the audio integrity throughout the entire project, ensuring consistency and highest quality within the boundaries of mobile hardware.
- Management: You will help handle a wide range of personnel items including career development, performance reviews and coaching.
- Solutions Oriented: You will demonstrate your ability to proactively problem solve and explore various options to accomplish product goals.
- Communication: You will use your excellent communication skills in a collaborative and diverse work environment.
- Planner: You will help create and implement action plans for the department's future success, emphasizing training and development.
- Team Building: You will work with Recruiting and Outsourcing teams to build staffing plans that help achieve both the short-term and long-range goals of the team.
- Collaboration: You will work with Product Managers and the Creative Leadership team to work on resource planning to help ensure we are able to deliver great game experiences to our players.
What you'll need:
- Experience working as a leader and manager of creative teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- A resume and an online portfolio showcasing your work.
- You have experience working in games; especially mobile titles.
- You know your way around at least one game engine (especially Unity or Unreal) and understand the various parts of the game development pipeline.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.
Wildlife Studios is an independent mobile game studio started in 2011 and headquartered in São Paulo, Brazil. The company is growing, and we’re on a mission to build our creative capability.
At Wildlife we’re committed to being a company where the best talent can do their best work. Our goal is to create great games, worlds players escape to, and characters they can’t live without. This is our aspiration, and we know it’s no small task. Our secret weapon is our people, and the company is built to support them. We’re looking for world class talent inspired to be a part of this journey.
We believe video games will be the source of the world's most beloved entertainment franchises. We hope to accelerate this transition by making iconic games that will be remembered and shared for generations.
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on this mission at several locations around the world such as São Paulo (Brazil), Irvine (United States), and San Francisco (United States).