Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. In eight years, our gaming titles have been downloaded over 2 billion times, providing fun to millions of people, every day, everywhere.
We are not done yet. We aspire to develop games that will be remembered by generations. To achieve this goal, we pursue to be best-in-class in each of our major disciplines: Product, Engineering, Art, Marketing, and Data. That's why we are rapidly expanding and building talented and passionate teams in our offices in Argentina, Brazil, Ireland, and the US.
About the Team
The Engineer Operations Team at Wildlife is responsible for managing the Engineer team and ensure the Engineering Leaders have the right information and tools. We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and prepares the company to keep growing fast. We're looking for talented professionals that see the uniqueness of our opportunity, are excited by the challenges, and are creative in addressing them.
About the Role
Our Engineer Operations team is looking for someone with the tenacity to help us continue to grow the company improving the management of cloud costs. The right person will be comfortable in a "take the initiative" environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing environment. This role is all about bringing up cloud usage and cost, implying world-class practices of cloud management, and running an efficient process to keep it moving.
Who you are
- Self-driven. You have a go-getter attitude, exceptional organizational skills, integrity, and great follow through on tasks.
- You are a self-aware, clear communicator with empathy towards the people you work with.
- You're detailed with numbers and data-driven.
- You're innovative, highly creative, and constantly looking for ways to find skilled leads.
- Passionate about efficiency.
- You're flexible, bold, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited team; you are passionate about working on and solving problems.
- You are a team player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
What you'll do
- Serve as a key member of the engineering operations team and help drive various economic aspects of cloud service usage.
- Build, pilot, and scale analytical models to be utilized by engineering operations teams.
- Work with Engineering teams to guarantee an efficient usage of Cloud Service, particularly regarding economic improvements.
- Work with internal stakeholders to communicate market changes and trends regarding the economics of running workloads on Cloud Service Providers.
- Drive proactive conversations with internal stakeholders on the economic implications of using products and services of each Cloud Provider.
- Proactively present to internal shareholders the best practices of using cloud products and services.
- Negotiation with various Cloud providers improving Wildlife experience and efficiency (cost-efficient, better support, plan upgrade, training).
What you'll need
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis, management consulting or business development and IT management experience.
- Computer Science, and/or Business background highly desired.
- Technical understanding of Cloud Computing concepts in general and/or AWS specific technologies, platforms, and solutions.
- Strong financial modelling and Excel-based tool building skills.
- Detailed financial modelling and analysis of large scale IT infrastructure, application and/or service investments, detailed scenario analysis, and functionality tradeoffs.
- Experience with Python and/or VBA;
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.