About the team
The engineering team at Wildlife Studios is divided in 5 areas: data engineering, game development, backend, graphics and tools. Our game developers engineers work in squads, divided by game, which are usually composed of 5 to 8 people that includes: a Product Manager, a Tech Lead, a Lead Artist and other game engineers. All team members are co-creators of one single game, being responsible for all its technical aspects such as: handling with the whole technology stack, backend and frontend development, implementing features and fixing bugs.
About the role
As a tech lead you will participate in the full cycle of the game development. You will be responsible to design and implement: gameplay, progression and on-boarding experience. Also, you will be responsible for making core decisions such as overall architecture and choosing the technology stack.
As a leader of the team, you'll be responsible for guiding and developing highly-skilled engineers and will work closely with other managers and leaders to improve our processes and ensure we have a world-class engineering organization.
More about you
- Self-driven. You have a go-getter attitude, exceptional organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks.
- You are a self-aware, clear communicator with empathy towards the people you work with.
- You are player focused. You have empathy with our players and focus on ensuring that they have an amazing experience.
- You're innovative and highly creative, and constantly looking for new technologies and ways to improve our stack.
- You're flexible, bold, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited team; you are passionate about working on and solving problems.
- You are a team player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
What you'll do
- Be part of the full cycle of game development that in the end will be played by millions of people every day;
- Partner with lead artist and product manager in leading the game’s project; defining the project roadmap and resources allocation;
- Define what technologies will be used in development;
- Define processes that will be used by the team to increase efficiency;
- Design, implement and test features of our games;
- Balance your time between coding and mentoring;
- Review the architectural design of proposed solution from other team members
- Code review of other team members;
- Collaborate with people from other teams, such as graphics, backend, tools and data science;
What you'll need
- 5+ years of software development professional experience;
- 2+ years working as Tech Lead or Manager;
- Solid understanding of computer science concepts (data structures, networking, concurrency, memory management, algorithm analysis, etc);
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in the game industry;
- Experience working as game developer;
- Experience working with Unity 3D or other game engines;
- Passionate about games;
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.