About the team
The Graphics Engineering team works in research, development and implementation of rendering frameworks that enable artists, game developers and technical artists to create the most fascinating visual experiences.
About the role
The Graphics Engineering team works in research, development and implementation of graphical solutions that enable artists, game developers and technical artists to create fascinating visual experiences! We are looking for a Manager for this team - who will manage both team member's careers and activities - in order to help us create the best Graphics team in the Game industry!
More about you
- Team focused: You believe in influencing through developing relationships over-exercising authority. You always look for improving your team's health, for example, by balancing development of short-term ordinary tasks with long-term exciting new features.
- Technically skilled: You have in-depth knowledge about software development and have built a career focused on studying how to design, maintain, and optimize software. You are happy when you contribute to planning and design discussions.
- Having the best engineers is key: We look for leaders that thrive when hiring the best engineers and promoting their growth. You believe in providing continuous, thoughtful feedback and in recognizing the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
What you’ll do
On a daily basis:
- Conduct team dailies, ensuring no one is stuck and everybody has all the necessary resources to execute the work;
- Guarantee the team engineers' happiness and productivity;
- Attract and retain talent;
On a weekly basis:
- Conduct 1:1s with the Graphics team engineers;
- Plan team activities and engineers' allocation;
- Report status to the director;
On a quarterly basis:
- Set the team's goals aligned with the company's OKRs.
In the long run:
- Develop a team that delivers the best mobile game graphics in the industry.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering - or equivalent;
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of at least 6 engineers;
- Strong background as a software developer;
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Good communication between areas: Engineering, Management and Art;
- Advanced English;
- Knowledge in Computer Graphics;
- Experience with Game Engines;
- Experience with Real-Time Applications;
- Project Management.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.