Wild Alaskan Company’s mission is to accelerate humanity’s transition to sustainable food systems by fostering meaningful, interconnected relationships between human beings, wild seafood and the planet.
We deliver wild-caught, sustainable seafood to households across the United States. Powered by our custom-built eCommerce platform and three generations of history and expertise in the Alaskan fishing industry, we constantly strive to meet our promise of a top-notch product and experience. And we do it all in a fully-remote environment that is fast-paced, challenging, and fun.
You are the face of Wild Alaskan when it comes to interacting with our members and potential members. As a digital fishmonger, our company relies on you to embody our values and to share our mission with our members. When something goes wrong with a delivery, you're the first responder. If someone just wants to chat about seafood and sustainability, you're there to hear them out. If a visitor isn't so sure about what we do or why we're worth it, you help them understand who we are and why we're different.
- Respond to inbound inquiries from members and potential members across multiple channels including live chat, email and phone support
- Maintain a high-satisfaction rate from members and keep our first response time below one minute on chat and one hour across all other channels, all while building member loyalty
- Assist members with post-order issues such as replacements, refunds, delivery status, problem resolution and any other issues that may arise from the order fulfillment process
- Report on member behavior and bugs, and generate content derived from anecdotes and analytics
- Project a professional and consistent company image through chat, email and social media interactions
- Participate in daily member experience stand-up meetings to go over open conversations, learnings from yesterday and goals for the day
- Impeccable writing skills - from email, to live chat, to Slack, written communication is the backbone of our internal and external operations
- Excellent relationship building skills and a level of empathy that is off the charts - our team succeeds when we uphold the same standards with our members as we do with ourselves
- Passion for helping people - you won’t stop trying until our member is happy
- A successful track record working in a high volume environment - could be tossing pizzas or previous ecommerce experience. What we really mean is that you must be willing to adapt to change and embrace growth
- Ability to solve problems by thinking analytically and creatively - we’ll show you the process, but your success will depend on your ability to implement on your feet
- A high attention to detail - being detail oriented helps in a fast- paced environment
- Team-first attitude - Our team works remotely using Slack/Zoom/Intercom, covering 7 days per week (don’t worry, you’ll only work 5), and we rely heavily on our peers to help one another
Nice to Haves:
- Previous employment at an ecommerce and/or food company
- Familiarity with the latest ecommerce trends
- Inbound sales experience
- Experience using customer support software such as Intercom, Aircall, or other SaaS tools
The salary for this position is $35,360.00/year.
At Wild Alaskan, we believe diversity of backgrounds and perspectives makes us stronger. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant. We’re committed to creating a work environment that fosters growth, celebrates diversity and fundamentally makes all teammates feel welcome, accepted, nurtured and respected.