Wild Alaskan Company’s mission is to accelerate humanity’s transition to sustainable food systems by fostering meaningful, interconnected relationships between human beings, wild seafood and the planet.
We deliver wild-caught, sustainable seafood to households across the United States. Powered by our custom-built eCommerce platform and three generations of history and expertise in the Alaskan fishing industry, we constantly strive to meet our promise of a top-notch product and experience. And we do it all in a fully-remote environment that is fast-paced, challenging, and fun.
About the Role
You are the face of Wild Alaskan when it comes to interacting with our members and potential members. As a digital fishmonger, our company relies on you to embody our values and to share our mission with our members. When something goes wrong with a delivery, you're the first responder. If someone just wants to chat about seafood and sustainability, you're there to hear them out. If a visitor isn't so sure about what we do or why we're worth it, you help them understand who we are and why we're different.
- Respond to inbound inquiries from members and future members across multiple channels including live chat, email and phone.
- Maintain a high-satisfaction rate from members and keep our first response time below one minute on chat and one hour across all other channels, all while building member loyalty.
- Assist members with inquiries concerning order issues, cooking and recipes, account management and more, all while building relationships.
- Communicate with empathy and always put the member first in all email, live chat and phone interactions.
- Report on member behavior and bugs, and generate content derived from anecdotes and analytics.
- Represent the company’s values and mission in each interaction.
- Participate in continuous improvement weekly meetings, as well as daily stand-ups to go over open conversations, learnings from yesterday and goals for the day.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Impeccable writing skills - from email, to live chat, to Slack, written communication is the backbone of our internal and external operations
- Excellent relationship building skills and a level of empathy that is off the charts - our team succeeds when we uphold the same standards with our members as we do with ourselves
- Passion for helping people - you won’t stop trying until our member is happy
- A successful track record working in a high volume environment - could be tossing pizzas or previous eCommerce experience. What we really mean is that you must be willing to adapt to change and embrace growth
- Ability to solve problems by thinking analytically and creatively - we’ll show you the process, but your success will depend on your ability to implement on your feet
- A high attention to detail - being detail oriented helps in a fast- paced environment
- Team-first attitude - Our team works remotely using Slack/Zoom/Intercom, covering 7 days per week (don’t worry, you’ll only work 5), and we rely heavily on our peers to help one another
Nice to Haves
- Previous employment at an eCommerce and/or food company
- Familiarity with the latest eCommerce trends
- Inbound sales experience
- Experience using customer support software such as Intercom, Aircall, or other SaaS tools
The salary for this position is $35,360.00. Wild Alaskan’s benefits package includes health, vision, and dental insurance, a 401k, up to 10 company holidays, safe/sick time, vacation, parental leave and more, as well as a delicious box of free fish every month.
Diversity of backgrounds and perspectives makes us stronger. We’re committed to creating a work environment that fosters growth, celebrates diversity and fundamentally makes all teammates feel welcome, accepted, nurtured and respected. As an equal Opportunity Employer, Wild Alaskan Company does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of their disability, sex, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, or any other protected status under the law.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com. Please note this email cannot provide application status updates.