The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Specialist, Global Compensation and People Analytics to join our Global People Operations team. This global role is critical for our salary and compensation planning process across more than 40 countries and serves as an escalation point to support the recruiters and staff. Additionally, the role is responsible for the development and maintenance of the HR metrics and People Analytics dashboards specifically targeted at providing people insights to the organization.
We are interested in meeting applicants who have strong experience and understanding of job architectures, design, and application of salary bands including salary structures and surveys, and benefits programs across multiple countries.
Applicants for this role would ideally have gained their experience while working in compensation or salary survey projects at an international HR consultancy/salary benchmarking organization OR while working in-house in a specialized Compensation role handling compensation work across multiple countries.
Additionally, the applicant must be adept in advanced Excel / Google Sheets and be able to provide analytics and dashboards using data from the HRIS (HR Information System).
This role is 100% remote. The applicant should have authorization to work in the country they are residing in while performing in this role.
You are responsible for:
- Performing job analysis, benchmarking positions to the market and making salary range recommendations
- Leading the organization in organizing and providing information on benchmark surveys with Mercer, Croner and other market surveys we participate in
- Collaborating with the Global People Operations Director and Finance department in the planning, coordination, administration, and reporting of the annual salary review program and other compensation and benefits programs for all employees
- Supporting periodic HR processes such as promotions and merit increase with data, templates, reports and insights
- Maintaining compensation data integrity across all HR Systems
- Ideating with colleagues and providing implementable solutions to compensation related challenges that may arise at the organization
- Developing and maintaining HR metrics and people analytics dashboards to measure and support organization initiatives
- Providing timely information and insights for management review from the data and dashboard
- Serving as the point of contact and support for people data and compensation queries across the organization
- Serving as a partner to HR Business Partners and Recruiters to help communicate insights from compensation and people date to key stakeholders
- Working with the broader People Operations team on various projects to create harmonized processes and programs for a global impact
- Partnering cross-functionally with other department functions such as Recruiting, People Experience, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) to support different initiatives as necessary
Skills and Experience:
- About 5 years of experience in either HR consulting or the HR department within an international organization. Most roles and work during these years of service should be in compensation and people analytics.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with some modules in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Social Research), or equivalent experience.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel / Google Sheets and continuous on the job experience with use cases mainly in data analysis and use of MS Excel / Google Sheets in automating workflows. Advanced Excel skills such as VBA, macros, automation, power pivot, power query, interaction with SQL and programmability will be a distinct advantage in consideration for this role.
- Hands on experience in developing data visualizations / dashboards with BI tools like Tableau, Power BI, QlikView, etc.
- Broad overall HR background, including experience in different HR subject areas.
- Experience in supporting a global organization remotely with projects across different countries and time zones. The role requires the incumbent to work flexible hours across different time zones in a remote manner.
- Amazing attention to detail, and maturity to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Fluency through hands on-experience in one or more Statistical programming languages like R, Python will be a competitive advantage for this role
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, including being adaptable to work with a variety of personalities and nationalities
- Able to work in an open and collaborative environment, while respecting human resources confidentiality
- Able to speak and write fluently in English
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit organization that operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge freely. We host Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive.
The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive donations from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or +1 (415) 839-6885.