The Wikimedia Foundation is the non-profit organization that operates Wikipedia – one of the most popular websites in the world, serving nearly half a billion users every month. It is the only non-profit in the top 50 websites, supported by a community of millions of individual donors.
You will be joining as a Senior Product Manager with the Fundraising Technology team, the team responsible for the donation-supporting infrastructure that enables the rest of the Advancement department to raise the funds needed to power Wikipedia and its sister projects (Wiktionary, Wikispecies, etc). Notable services the team provides include our self-hosted CRM, our payments processing library, and the banner display service. Your primary customers will be internal (including the payments team, everyone who uses the CRM, data analytics, and others) but you should also be comfortable with supporting our community of users in some limited circumstances.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will:
- In collaboration with our customers, lead the prioritization and development of the technical stack that supports our fundraising efforts including our internal payments processing library, our CRM, and our banner display service.
- Co-create and communicate a product vision to internal and external partners.
- Work with a highly talented team of engineers to define, design, and build features that delight.
- Understand user needs from multiple teams and use-cases in order to prioritize new features and product enhancements.
- Release early and often, getting feedback from users to help improve features.
- Using both qualitative and quantitative methods to inform decision making and measure the impact of features.
- Have high emotional intelligence: evidenced by humility, tact, compassion, high levels of integrity, and good listening skills.
- Be a positive force for change!
- 2+ years Product Management experience
- Experience building donor-facing products
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to ship products
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with open source software development practices
- Experience with the CRM we use, CiviCRM
- Experience working in a global organization that has a distributed workforce.
- Comfort and experience in a dynamic and mission-driven organization.
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit organization that operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge freely. We host Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive.
The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive donations from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or +1 (415) 839-6885.
U.S. Benefits & Perks
News from across the Wikimedia movement
Our Commitment to Equity
This is Wikimedia Foundation
Our Tech Stack