Location: Remote (USA)
Timezone Preference: Central Time-Eastern Time
The Global People Experience team sits within the Talent & Culture department. It includes HR Business Partners, and our Centers of Excellence in Learning, Performance and Talent Management.
The team is looking for a Senior Manager, HRBP who will report to the Director, Global People Experience. In this role you will contribute to and lead the execution of HR strategies and tactics to support the needs of our organization. You will facilitate HR programs and strategies in support of several client groups through collaboration with the clients, HR specialty groups (DEI, L&D, Recruiting and People Operations) and other HR Business Partners. You will serve as a consultant on all Talent & Culture matters including career development, DE&I, reward, organizational effectiveness, change management, and learning. This is a managerial role with 2-3 direct reports.
You are responsible for:
- Providing strategic thought partnership on T&C topics with a process and data driven mindset to the T&C Leadership Team
- Building strong and sustainable relationships with your stakeholders to gain credibility as a sparring partner regarding T&C topics
- Functioning as a consultant and counselor to people managers and employees, engaging in department lead meetings to translate organizational needs into T&C plans
- Leading organization design projects to streamline and implement new structures, roles and/or processes
- Proactively assessing organizational performance and talent gaps to recommend and drive actions. Providing ongoing performance coaching and feedback to people managers
- Coaching people managers on HR policies and processes including recruiting, learning & talent management, performance management & career development and rewards
- Developing thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote DE&I
- Working with people managers and employees to address complex employee relations issues, fairly representing all interests
- In partnership with Director, Global People Experience contributing to the development of our organizational HR policies and practices such as onboarding, competency framework, disciplinary procedure and HRIS
- Partnering cross-functionally with other departments such as Finance on cross-departmental workflows and initiatives
Skills and Experience:
- 10+yrs HR experience and solid business and HR acumen, including problem-solving skills, critical thinking and analysis
- People management experience
- Resilience—we work on new and interesting problems in transparent and collaborative ways
- Ability to thrive within ambiguity and drive complex projects
- Ability to work remotely and in a flexible manner across different time zones and with a globally distributed organization
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit organization that operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge freely. We host Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive.
The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive donations from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or +1 (415) 839-6885.
U.S. Benefits & Perks
News from across the Wikimedia movement
Our Commitment to Equity
This is Wikimedia Foundation
Our Tech Stack