SENIOR MANAGER, GLOBAL FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGNS
The Wikimedia Foundation is the non-profit organization that operates Wikipedia – one of the most popular websites in the world, serving nearly half a billion users every month. It is the only non-profit in the top 50 websites, supported by a community of millions of individual donors around the world.
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Senior Manager, Campaigns to join the Online Fundraising team, reporting to the Vice President of Advancement. The Senior Manager, Campaigns will be a part of the leadership cohort within the Advancement Department. In this role, you will lead a team of Email and campaign specialists to deliver innovative campaigns that inspire our global community of readers to support Wikipedia. Succeeding in this role will require strong people management skills and a creative, data-driven mindset to help us get to the next level of innovation to drive the continued growth of Wikimedia’s fundraising program.
You are responsible for:
- Leading the strategy and execution of our international email program, which reaches more than 7 million donors in 30 countries each year. Guiding the team responsible for optimization and implementation of our fundraising email campaigns, including campaign management, A/B testing, production, QA, and localization, with the goal of raising the online fundraising yearly goal.
- Partnering with fundraising leaders to launch new creative experiments across revenue channels to optimize the donor experience including acquisition and retention, as well as initiatives around upgrades and engagement.
- Managing the team to drive improvements on targeting, timing, email deliverability, QA, data analysis, and all other dimensions associated with our ability to effectively reach our worldwide audience of millions of donors via email.
- Supervising external vendors or agency relationships.
- Ensuring campaigns and projects are operating on schedule, while balancing cross-team coordination, and unanticipated opportunities.
- Collaborating with other teams and departments in the Foundation to identify, foster and realize opportunities to enhance organizational impact.
- Developing best practices for cultural inclusivity to ensure project work reflects diverse perspectives.
- Ensuring the team has the tools they need to execute state of the art campaigns, make data-driven decisions, and expand learning opportunities.
- Modeling leadership that cultivates a collaborative, positive, and respectful team culture; serving as a collaborative thought partner across teams at the Foundation.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record in successfully building and leading campaign teams.
- Experience with Marketing, Email Management and/or Growth.
- Skilled in applying data and insights to develop strategic initiatives and measure results.
- A/B testing and user optimization expertise.
- The ability to lead in a fast-paced environment, while effectively prioritizing and leading a variety of activities with multiple or competing priorities.
- Skilled in maintaining an agile mindset and leading in change management.
- Seasoned team management experience; ability to creatively solve a wide range of challenges and build trust with the team.
- Experienced coach and mentor with high emotional intelligence: evidenced by humility, tact, compassion, high levels of integrity, and good listening skills.
- Ability to anticipate risks, resolve conflicts, and initiate escalation paths.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; an open and transparent communication style.
- Demonstrated commitment to and belief in equity, inclusion, and diversity.
- Work experience or equivalent degree
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Experience working in a global organization that has a distributed workforce.
- Comfort and experience in a dynamic and mission-driven organization.
- An international perspective with experience in cross-cultural communication.
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit organization that operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge freely. We host Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive.
The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive donations from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or +1 (415) 839-6885.
U.S. Benefits & Perks
News from across the Wikimedia movement
Our Commitment to Equity
This is Wikimedia Foundation
Our Tech Stack