The Global People Experience team sits in the Talent & Culture department. We develop efficient strategies, frameworks, resources, guidelines, and practices to help staff bloom and grow at work to engage with the complex challenges of pursuing the Wikimedia Foundation mission and vision: to build a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge.
In collaboration with a team of dedicated HR professionals, your impact will be to support a growing global workforce that can deliver on our audacious mission and vision by cultivating a scalable culture of curiosity, increasing employee effectiveness and experience, and fostering deep professional growth.
We are looking for a seasoned professional who will bring in operational management experience with solid HR business partnering skills, and experience working with people in an international setting.
You are responsible for:
- Building strong and sustainable relationships with your stakeholders to gain credibility as a sparring partner regarding T&C topics
- Functioning as a consultant and counselor to people managers and employees, engaging in department leaders meetings to translate organizational needs into T&C plans
- Providing data-driven insights to people managers in order to guide decisions that develop performing and integrated teams, and positively influence employees experience
- Providing coaching and support to people managers while confidently challenging them in driving effective organizational outcomes aligned with our missions and values
- Organizational Development & Design: implementing solutions that improve employee engagement, retention, leadership development, org culture, and people experience
- Working with people managers and employees to address various employee relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
- Working closely with specialists within our Centres of Excellence, keeping the right focus on assessing the T&C needs in areas such as performance management, resource planning, career development, DE&I.
- Collaborating to convey the People Experience service delivery model - bring feedback on the organization needs and context to the Centres of Excellence to improveT&C solutions.
Skills and Experience:
- 8+yrs human resources experience working with global teams, and driving organizational change.
- Demonstrated achievements in coaching, influencing and problem solving
- Deep understanding of "what great HR looks like" and how organizational cycles influence the people agenda.
- Effective Communication/Facilitation: The Senior HRBP must be an effective communicator, both written and verbal, work with managers to send clear and consistent messages, be an effective communicator in writing, facilitation, be able to drive change, facilitate internal communication processes, and facilitate dissemination of internal information.
- Resilience—we work on new and interesting problems in transparent and collaborative ways. Sharing a culture of constructive criticism and respect.
- Ability to listen with true curiosity to understand others’ perspectives, and communicate your own clearly and non-judgmentally
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Non-profit experience
- Tech industry experience
- Experience in group facilitations, stand up delivery
- Experience with HR Technologies and Platforms (ideally Betterworks, Namely)
- Experience with digital learning tools and LMS
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit organization that operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge freely. We host Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive.
The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive donations from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or +1 (415) 839-6885.
U.S. Benefits & Perks*
- Health Care Benefits Covered at 100%: We cover 100% of premiums for medical, dental and vision plans for all full time employees and eligible dependents
- Wellness Reimbursement Program: Up to 1,800.00 USD per year for reimbursement for staff wellness expenses, such as gym fees, educational expenses, and more
- Technology and Equipment Stipend: In addition to receiving a brand new laptop, monitor, & docking station, all new hires receive 600.00 USD stipend to set up their space for working virtually
- Professional Development Program: Up to 750.00 USD reimbursement per year to encourage continuous learning through attending conferences, courses, workshops and the purchase of educational materials
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Employer match of up to 4% of employee contributions dollar for dollar with no vesting period
- Paid Time Off: Generous paid time off policy of over 45 days, which includes: vacation days, at least one observed holiday a month, sick leave, and volunteer days
- Flexible Schedules: Options available to balance your personal and remote-work life
- New Parent Leave: Fully paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, and flexible options as you embark on your return to work
- Fertility and Adoption Reimbursement Plan: Reimburses staff up to 5,000.00 USD in expenses per year, with a lifetime maximum of 10,000.00 USD
- Assistance for those unexpected life events: Long and short term disability, life insurance, and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax Savings Plans: Generously funded health savings accounts (HSAs), pre-tax contribution options for health care, child care & elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
*Please note that for remote roles located outside of the U.S., we defer to our PEO (Professional Employee Organization) to ensure alignment with local labor laws.