People Analytics and HR Automation Specialist
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a People Analytics & HR Automation Specialist to join our team, reporting to the Director of People Operations. As the People Analytics & HR Automation Specialist, you will be responsible for conducting a review and potential replacement of our current HRIS. Additionally, we are building up our people analytics capabilities. We are interested in meeting applicants who have strong reporting & analytics experience within Human Resources and have excellent understanding of automating HR processes within the HRIS (HR Information Systems) or Human Capital Management (HCM) systems.
You are responsible for:
- Automate HR processes in sync with the HRIS for better productivity
- Maintain data integrity across all HR Systems
- Responsible for functional improvements to the HRIS / HCM System
- Provide reporting solutions that assist HR and its stakeholders to better understand their workforce and related underlying staffing trends
- Develop and maintain the People Analytics dashboard
- Utilize tools such as Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint or Google Workspace to extract and manipulate data, perform analysis and create executive level reportings
- Publish HR trends, dashboards and predictions
- Understand customer requirements for new report requests and advise on best practice approaches to report development. Lead and execute full report development life cycle: requirement gathering, design, build, test and deploy
- Support periodic HR processes such as performance management and compensation reviews with data, templates, reports and insights
- Develop reports around Key Performance Indicators (KPI) metrics for People Operations
- Fulfil ad-hoc HR report requests
- Ensure adherence to information security guidelines and compliance with all regulatory requirements for data protection in respect to content, security and access of information contained within reports and reporting databases
- Work with the broader People Operations team on various projects to create harmonized processes and programs for a global impact
- Partner cross-functionally with other department functions such as Recruiting, People Experience, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) to support different initiatives as necessary
Skills and Experience:
Qualities that are important to us:
- 5+ years of extensive operational knowledge in functionally maintaining and improving HRIS / HCM systems as part of the HR team. This includes providing automation solutions to HR processes for functional integration into the HRIS / HCM systems.
- At least 2+ years of experience in HR reporting and analytics
- You must have operational experience or knowledge with HR processes and systems related to core HR, absences, recruiting, learning, performance management and overall people data. Experience with compensation and benefits reporting is a plus.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, or Google Sheets. Proficiency in other Business Intelligence (BI) tools and SQL will be a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills required such as VBA, macros, automation, power pivot, power query, interaction with SQL and programmability.
- Able to speak and write fluently in English
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, including being adaptable to work with a variety of personalities and nationalities
- Able to work in an open and collaborative environment, while respecting human resources confidentiality
- Able to work flexible hours across different time zones in a remote manner
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit organization that operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge freely. We host Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive.
The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive donations from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 839-6885.