The Wikimedia Foundation’s Fundraising Operations Associate is part of the fundraising team conducts worldwide campaigns across nearly 40 countries and 20 languages, collecting small donations (averaging about $15) as well as large and small offline donations to support the Wikimedia Foundation’s mission to empower and engage people around the world with free knowledge.
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a part-time Fundraising Operations Associate to support the Fundraising Operations team. The Fundraising Operations Associate will be an integral member of the Advancement department, maintaining donation and acknowledgment workflows for our offline gift processes. As a Fundraising Operations Associate you will manage day-to-day operations of donation processing for manual and semi-manual donation methods, including QA of our donation lockbox processor. We’re looking for a team player who can prioritize multiple workflows and ensure offline donations are processed efficiently.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a CRM, experienced in managing a high volume of donations accurately, and strives to improve processes.
You are responsible for:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of offline donation processing for the Foundation, to make sure all offline donations are entered quickly and accurately into our database CiviCRM
- Regularly reviewing and enhancing donor information in the database to make sure donor data is entered correctly into CiviCRM and that all data is up to date and accurate
- Managing offline donor acknowledgements, ensuring that all donor are thanked for their gifts via letter or email
- QAing and managing the day to day coordination with our lockbox processing vendor, to ensure maximum data quality
- Providing administrative support for donation processing and coordinate with key stakeholders across the Advancement department and Finance
- Assisting with donor database deduplication efforts, including coordinating with Donor Services and other fundraising and tech teams
- Providing general support for the Fundraising Operations team in their efforts to grow and improve the Wikimedia Foundation's fundraising program
Skills and Experience:
Qualities that are important to us:
- 2-4 years of experience in fundraising
- Experience managing a database and comfortable using a CRM
- Comfortable in Excel and working with high volume of donations
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and accountability
- Organized, efficient, and consistently meets deadlines
- Detail-oriented and a fact checker
- Resourceful problem solver who finds ways around roadblocks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of donor information
- A team player with strong communications skills
- Knowledge of fundraising campaigns
- Team player, who cares deeply about his or her own work
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic; Not easily discouraged
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or (415) 839-6885.
Wikimedia Medium Term Plan
Diversity and inclusion information for Wikimedia workers, by the numbers
Annual Report - 2018
This is Wikimedia Foundation