At the Wikimedia Foundation, we on the Talent & Culture team are committed to supporting our mission-driven and brilliant staff, and we deeply care about improving the lives of our employees. We’re looking for a compassionate and thoughtful human resources professional with an ability to coordinate multiple projects, with an attention to detail and confidentiality, to support HR operations processes.
This is a temporary position and can be remote. Applicants outside of the US are encouraged to apply.
You are responsible for:
Support the hiring and onboarding for the Foundation’s new fiscal year
- Partner with managers and recruiting to create hiring packets to convert 10-20 current contractors into full-time roles
- Create and coordinate offer letters
- Prepare onboarding documents and coordinate with the onboarding team for logistics
- Manage data entry for new employees in the HRIS
- Work with the new hires to ensure a supportive and engaging start
Support the HR Ops team with staff programs
- Support the contractor request process
- Process verifications of employment
- Perform systems and intranet maintenance
- Provide immigration administrative support
- Assist with benefits administration
- Give general staff support and triage
- Support operational transactions
- Help with ad hoc projects as they arise
We’d like you to have these skills:
- 2+ yrs experience in human resources or related
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Ability to quickly learn organizational culture and internal processes
- Experience with Namely HRIS and benefits systems
- Tech aptitude
- Comfort with Excel and Google suite
- Someone who is creative with a great sense of humor
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
Wikimedia Medium Term Plan
Diversity and inclusion information for Wikimedia workers, by the numbers
Annual Report - 2017
This is Wikimedia Foundation