Join the Wikimedia Foundation in our ambitious project to empower people to create and share the sum of all human knowledge. We are looking for a Systems and Reporting Analyst to work with our Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. You will support the Foundation’s goal of becoming a model for financial planning, analysis, and reporting across the Wikimedia movement. You will help us understand our needs and use cases, make recommendations for configuration and design improvements, and implement those improvements. In addition you may be asked to build and run financial reports, maintain our reporting tools, and build our documentation library so that we can generate timely and actionable insights for the Foundation.
*This is a part-time, remote 3-6 month contract that can be based anywhere in the United States*
We’d like you to do this:
This position will provide support in these key areas:
- Document the organization’s needs and use cases for our budgeting and financial reporting tool, Adaptive, make recommendations for substantial configuration and design improvements, and implement those improvements.
- Manage preparation of our financial system for the annual budgeting process.
- Support in the regular maintenance of our financial system - including mapping data, managing dimensions/levels/attributes, updating data fields, and troubleshooting data integration errors.
- Write internal documentation of our financial system implementation, financial reporting process, and management practices. Document assumptions, formulas, maintenance processes, and integration with other systems.
- Use our financial reporting system to produce reports and analysis as needed
We’d like you to have these skills and attributes:
- 3+ years experience of relevant experience in finance or accounting and financial systems
- Experience and a proven track record of configuring and maintaining financial reporting software (eg. Adaptive Insights, Host Analytics, Anaplan, Hyperion, or other enterprise financial reporting software)
- Experience supporting FP&A teams in a consulting capacity
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to successfully self-manage multiple priorities including urgent tasks
- Proven ability to work well on a team
- Strong spreadsheet skills
And it would be even more awesome if you have this:
- Experience implementing or managing Adaptive Insights
- Experience with Intacct accounting software
- Experience in web companies and/or international non-profits
- Experience in training and capacity building
- MBA, CPA or other certification
- Understanding of the free culture, free software, or online rights movements
- The ability to commit to 15-30 hours/week for 3-6 months with a possibility of extension
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
Wikimedia Medium Term Plan
Diversity and inclusion information for Wikimedia workers, by the numbers
Annual Report - 2017
This is Wikimedia Foundation