The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Recruiting Coordinator (RC) to join the Talent & Culture team and support the Recruiting team with high volume interview scheduling, job postings, and working collaboratively with the team to make continuous updates and improvements within our applicant tracking system and other hiring processes. The RC will have strong attention to detail, polished communication and customer service skills and a proven ability to navigate busy, complex and global calendars across all timezones. We’re looking for someone who can embrace challenging situations and has an innate drive to problem solve and continuously learn, while providing an excellent and highly responsive candidate and hiring team experience. This role will be based on-site at our headquarters in San Francisco.
You are responsible for:
- Schedule interviews (both remote and onsite), reserve appropriate conference rooms and accommodate hiring team preferences accordingly, greet candidates for onsite interviews and ensure remote interviews run smoothly
- Support the Recruiting Associate with scheduling efforts for c-level and complex roles as needed
- Maintain a close rapport with recruiters to ensure that they are supported and that candidates are seamlessly moving through the interview process
- Act as an internal brand ambassador to our ensure all candidates have a positive and memorable experience throughout the interview process
- Proactively maintain Greenhouse (our applicant tracking system) and flag any scheduling roadblocks as candidates move through different stages in the interview process
- Familiarize yourself with all remote video platforms such as Google Meet and Zoom to ensure international interviews run on time
- Review and post well-edited job descriptions both internally and externally and maintain an accurate record of all job descriptions in our internal wiki page
- Research new job boards or community groups to ensure greater diversity and global reach within our applicant pools
- Provide regular reports to individual recruiters and hiring teams to track data on pipelines and new hires
- Maintain recruiting resources on internal wiki (office wiki) and any other applicable outlets
- Attend, coordinate and support recruiting related events both onsite and offsite
- Assist the Recruiting team with general administrative support and ad-hoc projects
Skills and Experience:
- 1+ yr of experience in recruitment coordination, HR coordination, or other related work
- Prior experience with scheduling (ideally in a global organization) using Google calendar with a highly responsive approach
- Experience working in an ATS (applicant tracking system); experience with our current system, Greenhouse, a plus
- Self starter with a proactive approach, ability to anticipate needs
- Proven ability to approach work with a sense of urgency and an internal drive to respond to candidates, recruiters, and hiring teams in a proactive, concise and timely manner
- Detail-oriented and organized: keeps track of multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities, nationalities and leadership levels
- Ability to partner effectively with distributed teams across various time zones
- Strong interest in diversity recruiting best practices, trends & concepts
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Passion for Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects
- Fluency in languages other than English
- Experience using Greenhouse (our internal ATS)
- Understanding of free culture / free software / open source principles
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
U.S. Benefits & Perks*
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their eligible families (yes, fully paid premiums!)
- The Wellness Program provides reimbursement for mind, body and soul activities such as fitness memberships, baby sitting, continuing education and much more
- The 401(k) retirement plan offers matched contributions at 4% of annual salary
- Flexible and generous time off - vacation, sick and volunteer days, plus 19 paid holidays - including the last week of the year.
- Family friendly! 100% paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, flexible options to phase back in after leave, fully equipped lactation room.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available
- Appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats) and monthly massages to help staff relax
- Great colleagues - diverse staff and contractors speaking dozens of languages from around the world, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people
*Eligible international workers' benefits are specific to their location and dependent on their employer of record
Wikimedia Medium Term Plan
Diversity and inclusion information for Wikimedia workers, by the numbers
Annual Report - 2017
This is Wikimedia Foundation