The Wikimedia movement aims to become a platform that serves open knowledge to everyone. We are focusing on building strong and diverse communities that reflect the world, including those that have been left out by structures of power and privilege. In order to better support the growth of this thriving movement, the Wikimedia Foundation is improving the community infrastructure to provide safe spaces and equitable processes for all participants.
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a CRM Specialist to join our team, reporting to the Senior Manager of Community Relations. As the CRM Specialist, you will be responsible for setting up and maintaining a new CRM to support outreach to communities, equitable processes for recognition and rewards, and better identification of emerging communities worldwide, with a special focus in those underrepresented communities. In this role, you will work with Wikimedia Foundation teams to define workflows, implement advanced features, and provide ongoing support to CRM users. You will join the team that is building Wikimedia Space, a new platform for community support and collaboration, and that supports all Foundation teams in their activities with our communities. You will also work closely with the Legal, Security and Site Reliability Engineering teams.
You are responsible for:
- Setting up a new CRM based on CiviCRM with the support of a technical contractor.
- Administering the CRM on an ongoing basis and training team colleagues on administration tasks.
- Implementing workflows to input and query data fulfilling the needs of Foundation teams.
- Implementing a metrics dashboard, automatic reports, and processes to assess the quality of the data hosted in the CRM.
- Facilitating a virtual team of CRM advanced users across our organization.
- Providing documentation, training and support to CRM users.
- Organizing sprints and other activities to improve the quality and relevance of the data.
- Participating in the CiviCRM open source project, submitting bug reports, feature requests, and your own support requests.
- Defining requirements for missing features, and working with contractors for their implementation.
Skills and Experience:
- Deep understanding of CRM fundamentals.
- Professional or advanced volunteer experience administering a CRM.
- Ability to engage and train users and teams to integrate the CRM in their workflows.
- Ability to implement custom CRM workflows based on user needs.
- Basic understanding of the CiviCRM software (or alternatives): architecture, main components, plugins, maintenance and upgrades.
- Ability to work with technical contractors in the implementation of new CRM software features.
- Fluency in written English and at least another language.
- Experience with multilingual and multicultural online communities.
Qualities that are important to us:
- Self-organization, efficiency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Curiosity, flexibility, and ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work remotely in a self-guided and collaborative environment.
- Natural inclination for team collaboration and for helping colleagues succeed.
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Creativity to envision ways to automatize and crowdsource data input.
- Awareness of legal and ethical considerations related to gathering and processing user data.
- Experience participating in an open source community seeking support, reporting bugs and proposing feature requests.
- Experience administering other web applications, preferably open source, like Drupal, WordPress or Discourse.
- Basic experience administering Linux servers using the command-line.
- Demonstrable motivation to promote free education and free knowledge.
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
U.S. Benefits & Perks*
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their eligible families (yes, fully paid premiums!)
- The Wellness Program provides reimbursement for mind, body and soul activities such as fitness memberships, baby sitting, continuing education and much more
- The 401(k) retirement plan offers matched contributions at 4% of annual salary
- Flexible and generous time off - vacation, sick and volunteer days, plus 19 paid holidays - including the last week of the year.
- Family friendly! 100% paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, flexible options to phase back in after leave, fully equipped lactation room.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available
- Appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats) and monthly massages to help staff relax
- Great colleagues - diverse staff and contractors speaking dozens of languages from around the world, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people
*Eligible international workers' benefits are specific to their location and dependent on their employer of record