The purpose of this position is to support our engineering global off-sites in the areas of hospitality and social activities as well as support the business operations services of the Wikimedia Foundation. This position resides on the Administration team and will report to the Director of Administration. We are looking for someone who is flexible to travel up to 4 times/year for international team meetings. The Administrative Coordinator will have the opportunity to collaborate with two other team members on the Engineering Administration team and liaise heavily with our internal Travel team.
This role is for an administrative professional who can build positive relationships and perform quality service delivery. This person has the demonstrated ability to prioritize, hold confidentiality, exercise professional judgement, anticipate needs and deliver professional communications and support with accuracy and confidence. Intermediate communication experience to work virtually and keep multiple off-sites events organized and on time will be crucial to this position.
The Administrative Coordinator must be able to learn new software as well as bring problem solving skills and a positive attitude to the job. This role will work across time zones in a global environment. He/She will have the keen ability to adapt to differing styles and actively engage with the project and events in progress. This position takes the experienced logistics planner who can work swiftly, manage change and brings excellent communication skills.
We’d like you to do these things:
- Have strong organization and planning skills to provide administrative coordination and support for small team events.
- Coordinate many (25-30) and attend some (2-4) small to medium size international team meetings.
- Provide research and sourcing assistance for identified social and food/beverage activities
- Provide clear, timely communication regarding team logistics and activities
- Work with international vendors who may have English as a second language.
- Coordinate the team credit card expenses
- Learn and follow contract workflow process using organizational tracking software
- Liaise with identified leads in travel and departments to solicit onsite logistics, support guidelines and ensure they are aligned with contractual obligations
- Prepare cost estimates
- Learn and edit the office documentation in our internal intranet (office wiki/media wiki s/w)
- Support business operations where needed for team coverage
- Review and reconcile expenses to actual information
- Assist in creating offsite/group attendee surveys for both staff and volunteers.
- Special projects as assigned by the Director of Administration
We’d like you to have these skills:
- Demonstrated ability to organize and plan multiple team activities in different time zones
- Proficient to intermediate experience with Google Suite of applications
- Demonstrated administrative support for mid to large companies or organizations
- Experience with detail and accuracy inherent in performing support services
- Accounting and reconciliation experience
- Experience working with many different people at one time
- 3+ yrs of administrative support with increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and savvy, ability to adjust, learn and use new and different software to deliver on a variety of business operations.
- Intermediate experience with Google suite of applications including virtual meetings
- Professional service oriented writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in planning and organizing information
- Ability to learn new tracking and wiki publishing software
- Demonstrated ability in anticipating needs and providing solutions in administrative and logistical setting
- Experience and flexibility to work with all levels of staff including a wide range of diversity and talent
- Ability to adapt and thrive in changing, responsive, service environment
- Desire to produce quality work in a service-oriented support environment with passionate staff and community
And it would be even more awesome if you have this:
- Post high school learning (AA/BA) level classes and/or demonstrated vocational experience for role and position
- Administrative Experience in medium to large organizations
- Experience in event planning
- Personal or professional international travel experience
- Working in a technical organization in operational, administrative or service positions
- Working in International time zones and virtual community experience
- Some fluency in languages other than English
*Eligible international workers' benefits are specific to their location and dependent on their employer of record