Duration: 12 month term with the possibility of converting to long term
Hours: 40 hrs/week
Location: San Francisco, CA or remote
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a skilled and knowledgeable contracts manager to assist us with managing our contract negotiations, help Foundation staff secure necessary business arrangements, and track and report on the contracts workflow using contracts management software. The contracts manager will be a part of the legal team and will partner closely with the Foundation finance team, as well as business users from every department across the organization.
We’d like you to do these things:
- Review, draft, and negotiate contracts as part of the Wikimedia Foundation’s business operations;
- Complete review of urgent contract matters on tight deadlines as needed;
- Manage and coordinate execution and filing of contract requests within the Wikimedia Foundation’s contracts management software;
- Work with the Foundation’s legal and finance teams to ensure that Foundation business arrangements satisfy operational controls and risk mitigation requirements;
- Help legal team maintain consistency with contract negotiation and processes;
- Work with the Foundation’s legal counsel on complex contract matters and developing areas of the law;
- Provide training to business users on our business arrangements process;
- Monitor the Foundation’s internal email queue for contracts-related questions and respond as necessary.
We’d like you to have these skills:
- 3+ years of experience in contract management. This includes:
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
- Experience or knowledge necessary to work effectively with contracts management software such as Cobblestone
- Ability to travel to San Francisco for training and some staff events
And it would be even more awesome if you have this:
- Ability to conduct legal research in support of other job duties
- Knowledge of data privacy and security principles
- Knowledge of free culture licenses and the open source movement
- Ability to work effectively with technical staff to translate requests into enforceable contract terms
- Ability to work in San Francisco
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Experience working within an expense/terms workflow process
- Experience preparing summaries or abstracts of contract terms
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply