Status: Full-time role w/benefits
Location: Must be in SF area w/some telecommute flexibility
Join the Wikimedia Foundation in our aspiring project to empower people to create and share the sum of all human knowledge. We are looking for an experienced Business & Systems Analyst Lead (Operations) to work within our Finance team. Under the Digital Finance Transformation program, the Business & Systems Analyst Lead (Operations) will collaborate with Finance teams and IT stakeholders to understand upstream and downstream process and system impacts. This role will be responsible for analyzing the current-state of mission-critical Finance and Operations capabilities from a people, process, data and technology perspective and perform root cause analysis to inform future-state recommendations. The role also analyzes complex business problems relating to systems and/or process, and assists in providing technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that meet business stakeholder requirements.
We’d like you to do these things:
- Serve as the liaison between Finance and other business and technical teams
- Evaluate processes, data and systems using a systematic, disciplined and data-driven approach
- Consult with project stakeholders to understand business problems and translate them into functional and non-functional requirements. Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
- Dissect high-level information into details and communicate these details in a manner understood by relevant audiences
- Influence requirements and processes to effectively utilize systems and applications that support an improved user experience
- Propose change to policies/processes when necessary to move forward with new designs
- Perform root cause analysis to identify solutions that address the true source of issues and gaps
- Analyze and propose solutions and other changes within the system per user business needs
- Manage varying perspectives between teams and across organizational lines to drive towards the most effective solutions
- Key contact for preparing use cases, facilitating testing of solutions to ensure they meet business requirements, and prioritize defects
- Balance business requirements with technical feasibility and set expectations on new projects.
- Recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards. Determine resources and timeline.
We'd like you to have these skills:
- Bachelor degree required (finance, business, information systems); graduate degree plus
- 5 years in business process analysis, business analysis, management consulting and/or change management
- Proven track record of analyzing complex processes and driving execution of improvements
- Functional knowledge of process improvement methodologies (BPM, Six Sigma, Lean)
- Lean, Six Sigma or BPM Certification a plus
- Successfully frame and communicate issues to a wide audience in order to gain understanding and drive consensus on a future vision
- Engage, communicate and influence effectively at all levels of the organization (from individual contributors to VPs) and across global teams using data and compelling narratives
- Excellent collaboration and organizational management skills
- Break down very large, complex processes into digestible and concise pieces
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to adapt to rapidly changing business environment
- Must be able to achieve results in a culture that favors collaborative decision making
- Proactive problem solving and self-starting individual
- Must be a flexible and creative individual capable of managing multiple priorities and projects in a diverse environment
- Understanding of the free culture, free software, or online rights movements
- Finance Analyst or Finance business intelligence and reporting experience a plus
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply
U.S. Benefits & Perks*
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their eligible families (yes, fully paid premiums!)
- The Wellness Program provides reimbursement for mind, body and soul activities such as fitness memberships, baby sitting, continuing education and much more
- The 401(k) retirement plan offers matched contributions at 4% of annual salary
- Flexible and generous time off - vacation, sick and volunteer days, plus 19 paid holidays - including the last week of the year.
- Family friendly! 100% paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, flexible options to phase back in after leave, fully equipped lactation room.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available
- Appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats) and monthly massages to help staff relax
- Great colleagues - diverse staff and contractors speaking dozens of languages from around the world, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people
*Eligible international workers' benefits are specific to their location and dependent on their employer of record