This full-time position will work onsite in our SF office.
Provide quality operational support services for in several business operational functions, most falling within the broad services of : Contracts, Events, Onboarding/Offboarding, meeting management, expense reporting, scheduling, special projects. Administration support is comprised of (3) sub-teams; Department Admins, the Travel team, and our Front office and Facilities staff.
As our newest Administrative Assistant, we’d like you to do these things:
Contracts: A key function of this support role is following in depth contract data entry work flow to be sure that all parties are clear on timing and tracking of a particular contract through s/w utilized to track contract information. This role will oversee approximately 20-30 contracts per month. This position is a key partners with accounting and finance, so that budget owners and service requesters are clear regarding their contract data entry requests.
Staff Events: Partner with Snr. Admin and Travel to support planning and coordinate logistics for small to large group travel and multi-day meeting/events. Department admins ensure event logistics are coordinated, safe, and a prudent use of resources as well as follow-up for event service and vendor approval and payments.
Community Events: This position may provide assistance for larger events by supporting recordkeeping, contracts, budget reconciliations, or hospitality and registration support during events.
Onboarding/Offboarding: Partner with HR and HM’s (hiring managers) to ensure hire workflows are consistent for staff and contractors, as well as ensure org and team orientation best practices are completed. New and departing staff have the support, equipment & record keeping necessary for effective oversight of new and departing staff and contractors.
Scheduling/Calendaring: This is a talent, skill and art, and the department admins ensure that leadership and content specialist’s time is well spent by supporting well planned days and schedules for identified calendaring needs. We aim to keep scheduling less than 20% of time. It takes leadership partnership and training in their own schedule management.
General Administrative support: Produce timely Expense and credit card reporting, oversee clerical projects such as general binder (litigation prep, docket binders, campaign mailings) and packet preparations for various teams this often includes mail campaigns, mail merges for letters, badges, etc.
Serve as Team representation: Safety teams, organization wide specific efforts (like the move team), Annual events, and general bridge between business ops services and the specific department.
We’d like you to have these skills:
- 3+ years of administrative support in medium to large organization
- BA, BS, Technical, or application certification, or vocation experience for role and position
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and savvy, ability to adjust, learn and use new and different s/w.
- Experience with Google suite of s/w for calendar, document, spreadsheet and presentations
- Excellent calendar management and meeting preparation skills
- Comfortable and experienced with technology, various a/v equipment, and s/w.
- Professional written communication
- Ability to work positively with all levels and diversity styles of staff
- Possess strong organization and planning skills
- Ability to learn, adapt and thrive in changing business operations environment
- Provide positive, supportive, service oriented administrative work within a team
And it would be even more awesome if you have this:
- Open Source knowledge and strong desire to learn and be part of free access and open source movement
International time zone and virtual community experience
Experience with wiki markup syntax, and editing on wiki’s
Experience with editing on Wikipedia or other wiki projects
About the Wikimedia Foundation
At the Foundation, we build technology to help people everywhere access Wikipedia, across devices and in nearly 300 languages. We engineer privacy for our readers and editors so they can safely and securely explore Wikipedia. We create programs and initiatives to make Wikipedia freely available to more people in more parts of the world. We build new tools for the community of editors so they can continue to improve and grow Wikipedia. Roughly a quarter of our budget goes to supporting the community that make the site possible, including through grantmaking programs that enable volunteers and enrich the information on the sites.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
Benefits & Perks *
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their eligible families (yes, fully paid premiums!)
- The Wellness Program provides reimbursement for mind, body and soul activities such as fitness memberships, baby sitting, continuing education and much more
- The 401(k) retirement plan offers matched contributions at 4% of annual salary
- Flexible and generous time off - vacation, sick and volunteer days, plus 19 paid holidays - including the last week of the year.
- Family friendly! 100% paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, flexible options to phase back in after leave, fully equipped lactation room.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available
- Appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats) and monthly massages to help staff relax
- Great colleagues - diverse staff and contractors speaking dozens of languages from around the world, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people
- * for benefits eligible staff, benefits may vary by location