Are you looking for an opportunity to do challenging, creative work that makes a real impact? Would you like to be part of a company that respects the contributions marketing makes? Do you love to win? Then consider joining Wight & Company. We’re a nationally recognized, award-winning architecture, engineering, and construction firm known for a dynamic company culture that fosters innovation and challenges the status quo, and we’re looking for a talented professional to join our Marketing team.
As a Marketing Specialist, you’ll work collaboratively with other Marketing teammates, business development, and other members of the firm in the RFQ, RFP and proposal development process. You’ll tap into your competitive spirit to help us win new business and develop a deep understand of key markets to support our pursuits. And you’ll participate in the development of other types of materials designed to promote our company to prospects, clients, and partners. Our diverse work across civic, commercial, corporate, education, and transportation markets ensures that there are always exciting opportunities on the horizon.
· Respond to RFQs and RFPs, including overall process coordination; writing, organizing, and editing content; designing layouts; illustrating and reimagining narratives through the use of graphics and images; and overseeing print production and distribution; and ensuring deadlines are met.
· Assist with interview preparation, including presentation materials development and “red teaming”
· Foster ongoing collaboration with key internal market teams
· Develop graphics for submittals and collateral including but not limited to: process diagrams/charts, organization charts, maps, and graphic data layouts
· Create marketing materials, including but not limited to presentations, boards, leave-behinds, digital content, and templates
· Champion Wight’s use of social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) as part of Wight’s broader communications plan
· Conduct research related to specific projects, markets, clients and/or competitors
· Asset management/database support
· Special projects and other duties, as assigned
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS:
· 5+ years of experience working on proposals in the Architectural, Construction, Engineering, or Transportation industry.
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, English, Graphic Design, or related area of study
· Software proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat) and Microsoft Office Suite
· Strategic thinking skills
· Strong writing and communication skills with a strong command of grammar, punctuation, spelling and sentence structure
· Obsessive attention to detail
· Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
· Ability to multitask and prioritize work assignments with critical deadlines, without losing your sense of humor
Wight & Company offers excellent benefits and a wonderful work environment. For more information about our company, visit our website at www.wightco.com.
Wight & Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Please view the following links for more information - EEO, EEO Supplement, and Pay Transparency.
Wight & Company values diversity in our workforce. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting people with disabilities and veterans. If you need an accommodation to assist with completing the electronic application, please call us at 630.969.7000 and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.