Wight & Company, an award winning, integrated architecture, engineering and construction firm based in Darien, Illinois, has a tremendous opportunity for an experienced Materials Coordinator. We seek an enthusiastic and motivated individual with 10+ years’ experience in the Transportation Construction industry.
· Oversee and coordinate materials inspection for quality assurance and independent assurance sampling and testing for mixtures.
· Review mixture reports for accuracy and compliance to the contract requirements.
· Track material inspection (including source certification and the respective documentation) for all materials being incorporated into the project and assign them to the respective contract pay items.
· Maintain organized records of materials related documentation.
· Monitor contractor progress payment to confirm that all work on the project that has been incorporated is in compliance with contract material requirements.
· Assist field staff with materials issues and general inspection as required.
· Mentor inspectors and subconsultants in understanding general construction practices.
· Degree in Engineering preferred
· Completed IDOT/QC courses required(Concrete Level I & II, Mixture Aggregate Technician or Aggregate Technician)
· Prior Materials Testing experience required.
· Experienced asphalt or concrete plant managers a plus.
· Microsoft Office software knowledge, IDOT’s MISTIC database, Tollway I-MIRS database and CDOT QA/QC database knowledge required.
· Excellent written/oral communications skills.
· Sense of humor
Wight & Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Please view the following links for more information - EEO, EEO Supplement, and Pay Transparency.
Wight & Company values diversity in our workforce. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting people with disabilities and veterans. If you need an accommodation to assist with completing the electronic application, please call us at 630.969.7000 and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.