Wight & Company, an award-winning Architecture, Engineering and Construction Management firm, is seeking an Urban Planner in our Chicago location! Are you an energetic and entrepreneurial professional with excellent people skills? Then we would like to talk to you about joining our team!
Wight’s work environment requires dedication, flexibility, enthusiasm, analytical thinking, and desire for continual learning focused on anticipating the needs of clients.
- Develop plans for a range of planning projects, including land use, mixed-use development, neighborhood master planning, citywide planning, and new community planning.
- Work with our integrated development team to recommend locations for schools, roads, hospitals and other structures on our campus wide developments.
- Serve as project manager / lead planner on complex projects
- Organize and maintain project files
- Collaborate with a multi-discipline team and with clients to assess and solve challenging issues
- Assess existing and future conditions and develop planning level alternatives to address specific problems and needs
- Evaluate effectiveness of alternatives based on impacts, costs, benefits and other evaluation criteria and make recommendations accordingly
- Assist in business development with planning practice
- Respond to RFQs, participate in interviews, prepare proposals
- 10+ years’ experience in urban planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Master’s degree preferred
- AICP preferred
- Experience working with state, county and local agencies in Illinois
- Experience managing projects
- Strong existing relationships with transportation clients required
- Proficiency in ArcGIS, MS Office, CAD Software, Adobe Creative Suite
- Broad planning experience is preferred, inclusive of transit, land use, bicycle and pedestrian, long range and economic planning projects
- Strong technical writing skills required
Wight & Company offers excellent benefits and a wonderful work environment. For more information about our company, visit our website at www.wightco.com.
Wight & Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Please view the following links for more information - EEO, EEO Supplement, and Pay Transparency.
Wight & Company values diversity in our workforce. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting people with disabilities and veterans. If you need an accommodation to assist with completing the electronic application, please call us at 630.969.7000 and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.