Say hello to a Wider World. WideOrbit helps media companies do more business by making it easier to complete more sales. We build the one platform that ties everything together – from TV, radio, and digital ad sales, to reporting, invoicing, and payments. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, or on your favorite streaming service or podcast, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, ViacomCBS, A+E Networks, Hearst Media, and many more industry leaders around the world.
At WideOrbit, we make preserving our inclusive environment an ongoing priority, empowering team members to contribute at every level, in every function. We hire high-energy innovators who value diversity, unafraid to wield their passion and expertise to advocate for our customers and each other. At WideOrbit, you’ll make a difference and see your impact every day, while learning, growing, and enjoying what you do!
As a Business Analyst on the WO Network team, you will work to understand and internalize the linear and digital sales workflows at broadcast and cable networks. To be successful in this role, your partnership and collaboration with the Product and Development Teams are key. Together, you’ll solve customer business problems by defining requirements, shepherding software changes, and skillfully documenting customers’ business problems. If you enjoy having a consultative approach with customers, like to take ownership of projects, and consider yourself to be highly organized and detail oriented, this could be the right opportunity for you.
Here is what success will look like:
- Consult with customers, by using your critical thinking skills and subject matter expertise, to grasp their software functionality pain points. Gather and document customer requirements for new or changed features from a variety of sources and research market data in order to examine current software needs. Define features to meet these needs.
- Collaborate with the Product and Development Teams throughout the lifecycle of emerging features, to turn prototypes and ideas into a user-friendly product.
- Guide multiple projects concurrently and can independently effectively managing change of scope and/or timelines to meet client and product deadlines.
- Diligently engage in meetings by providing thoughtful ideas to upcoming projects and contributing to the overall success of the product.
- Communicate roadblocks and obstacles before customer satisfaction is negatively impacted.
- Exhibit professionalism and preparedness when communicating with team members, and internal & external customers.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the product you are demoing and discuss functionality in detail.
- Develop positive working relationships within other departments in the organization in order to meet product goals and team expectations.
- Coordinate with Tech Writers to ensure documentation is accurate and understandable.
To thrive in this role, we're looking for:
- 2+ years of business analysis, software implementation, or software support experience within broadcast and cable networks
- Knowledge of product management and software lifecycle and what’s involved to take a product from inception design to launch
- Proven ability to work successfully as part of a team while also assuming individual responsibilities
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to translate customer needs into professional technical documents.
- Exhibit professional demeanor, communicating in a thoughtful and consultative way with internal and external customers
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects while staying organized and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Solid sense of judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to be emotionally resilient by exhibiting grace under pressure
*WideOrbit mandates Covid vaccination, with accommodation for religious or medical reasons in accordance with law.
This position will be based in our New York, NY office or Telecommuting/Remote will be considered.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, health insurance, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked café, 401(k) match, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
We are committed to treating all applicants fairly, WideOrbit is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants whose histories are impacted by our justice system, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.