Say hello to a Wider World. WideOrbit helps media companies do more business by making it easier to complete more sales. We build the one platform that ties everything together – from TV, radio, and digital ad sales, to reporting, invoicing, and payments. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, or on your favorite streaming service or podcast, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, ViacomCBS, A+E Networks, Hearst Media, and many more industry leaders around the world.
At WideOrbit, we make preserving our inclusive environment an ongoing priority, empowering team members to contribute at every level, in every function. We hire high-energy innovators who value diversity, unafraid to wield their passion and expertise to advocate for our customers and each other. At WideOrbit, you’ll make a difference and see your impact every day, while learning, growing, and enjoying what you do!
Our Implementation Team is seeking someone passionate about our products to participate in all aspects of the implementation process. As an Implementation Specialist, you will have the opportunity to educate and train our new users on WO Network, ensuring our product is used to its fullest potential. Implementation Specialists work with Project Managers, Implementation Managers, and other WideOrbit staff as necessary to deliver happy, referenceable clients. If you have a background in media with a thirst for travel and training, this could be the right opportunity for you.
Here’s what success will look like:
- Train clients on WO Network software, both at the customer site and remotely. Create and maintain training agendas for each client project.
- Educate customers on various configurations and/or customization options. Troubleshoot configuration issues and recommend action plans for resolution.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the client’s specific business goals and provide consulting to guide customer to the best solution.
- Travel to our clients’ sites nationally (as required) and oversee all aspects of the implementation process including installation and training new users.
- Work closely with the client to ensure data is accurate, training is effective and support the client throughout implementation phase.
- Work within deadlines in a team environment.
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholders including customers, industry groups, and internal departments such as development, product management, and release management.
- Identify and document software defects and requests for enhancements.
- Participate in supplemental training for existing clients.
- Use WO Network product knowledge to serve as subject matter expert on client-facing documentation.
- Assist existing clients in post-live tasks that require implementation expertise.
- Provide advanced training to existing clients.
- Work with existing clients on new initiatives, such as adding new networks.
To thrive in this role, we’re looking for:
- 4+ years’ experience at a Cable Network or at a software company for cable network products.
- BA or BS in a technical, business or media related discipline is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of cable network business practices.
- Experience on WideOrbit products is a plus.
- If located in New York area, travel up to 20% is required. Outside of New York, travel up to 70% is required.
- Strong people skills with a proven record of building professional relationships with internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to conduct presentations with confidence and effectively communicate to a technical or non-technical audience.
- Confidence discussing and using technology with a strong aptitude to learn technical tools.
- A strong candidate will be calm under pressure, a creative problem solver, and will lead by example by navigating change with an open mind.
- Proven ability to function in a self-directed position, knowing how to be resourceful, resolve problems, and seek answers while raising your hand engaging internal resources when you identify limitations.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Fluency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
*WideOrbit mandates Covid vaccination, with accommodation for religious or medical reasons in accordance with law.
This is position is 100% telecommute. New York area is preferred.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, health insurance, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked café, 401(k) match, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
We are committed to treating all applicants fairly, WideOrbit is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants whose histories are impacted by our justice system, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.