Say hello to a Wider World. WideOrbit helps media companies do more business by making it easier to complete more sales. We build the one platform that ties everything together – from TV, radio, and digital ad sales, to reporting, invoicing, and payments. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, or on your favorite streaming service or podcast, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, ViacomCBS, A+E Networks, Hearst Media, and many more industry leaders around the world.
At WideOrbit, we make preserving our inclusive environment an ongoing priority, empowering team members to contribute at every level, in every function. We hire high-energy innovators who value diversity, unafraid to wield their passion and expertise to advocate for our customers and each other. At WideOrbit, you’ll make a difference and see your impact every day, while learning, growing, and enjoying what you do!
Our customers’ satisfaction with our software is a critical part of our success, and when our customers have a technically complex situation, they rely on our Development Support Team. While you will have minimal direct contact with customers, you will be supporting and working with internal teams who do. In this role, you will step through our databases and applications to identify issues, their root causes and come to a solution, work-around, or in some cases write/customize scripts.
If you are passionate about problem solving, super curious, collaborative, enjoy constantly learning, and daring when it comes to working with the unknown, this is an excellent opportunity. Join a team a team of WideOrbiters who are friendly, smart, team oriented, and know how to keep a sense of humor when the going gets tough.
Here is what success will look like:
- Provide customized and often complex Transact SQL (T-SQL) script deliverables to resolve data issues
- Acknowledge all issues with clear communication, technical creativity and a dedication to problem resolution
- Step through our products’ source code to identify application behavior and defects
- Collaborate with various internal departments in detecting root cause, and recommend solutions
- Partner with our Software Engineering team to aid in solving complicated issues with the application and/or database
- Contribute to knowledge base content, including but not limited to articles, guides, documentation and training material
- Recommend new technology and improvements to streamline Development Support processes
- Communicate with Customer Success Managers and other department personnel to recognize customer needs
- Be available to complete urgent customer requests during off-hours when on-call
To achieve success, we’re looking for:
- Advanced T-SQL scripting is knowledge required. Alternatively, advanced WO Traffic knowledge with a basis in a logic based application such as Excel/MS Access
- Strong Microsoft SQL Server database knowledge is required
- Experience working for a software company in an application or database support role
- Experience with scripting languages such as Windows PowerShell is highly preferred
- Proven ability to effectively troubleshoot, engage quickly, and drive resolutions
- Collaborative, with a proven track record of establishing credibility and professional relationships with key customers (internal and external)
- Effective communicator (verbal and written) and adept at communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences in a way that can be understood
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and balance multiple tasks in a rapidly changing environment
*WideOrbit mandates Covid vaccination, with accommodation for religious or medical reasons in accordance with law.
This position will be based in our San Francisco, CA, Lynnwood, WA, or Coppell, TX offices. Telecommute/Remote will be considered.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, health insurance, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked café, 401(k) match, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
We are committed to treating all applicants fairly, WideOrbit is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants whose histories are impacted by our justice system, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.