Say hello to a Wider World. WideOrbit helps media companies do more business by making it easier to complete more sales. We build the one platform that ties everything together – from TV, radio, and digital ad sales, to reporting, invoicing, and payments. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, or on your favorite streaming service or podcast, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, ViacomCBS, A+E Networks, Hearst Media, and many more industry leaders around the world.
At WideOrbit, we make preserving our inclusive environment an ongoing priority, empowering team members to contribute at every level, in every function. We hire high-energy innovators who value diversity, unafraid to wield their passion and expertise to advocate for our customers and each other. At WideOrbit, you’ll make a difference and see your impact every day, while learning, growing, and enjoying what you do!
As a Senior Software Engineer at WideOrbit, you will design, develop, and support core areas and features for our WO Marketplace applications. You will play an important role in the design and implementation and work on big applications with major media clients. You will collaborate with a team of talented, friendly engineers and help take our advanced, scalable development and deployment infrastructure to the next level, transforming the future of media and advertising.
Here is what success will look like:
- Building fresh, dynamic interfaces in ReactJS.
- Lending your UI/UX skills to help create new user experiences.
- Working with and occasionally adding to, NodeJS APIs.
- Partnering with development, product support, QA, and other WO Central teams to deliver high quality, complete software releases.
- Improving current architecture and designing to meet ever increasing demand on performance and scalability.
- Acquiring new skills, broadening existing skills, contributing to others through knowledge sharing, and collaborating with development teams.
To thrive in this role, we’re looking for:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, or related field OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- You have strong UX and design sensibilities - details matter to you
- You possess quality experience writing modern web apps in ES6 React/Redux
- You are quick and eager to learn. You don’t fear finding new solutions for whatever you face
- You take ownership of the things you build. You look at everything with a critical eye, and fixing a bug is as satisfying as adding a great new feature. You’ll get to do both!
- You enjoy working with NodeJS systems and implementing effective web APIs when needed
- Excellent communication skills
- Good algorithmic skills and experience applying design patters to both new and existing code
*WideOrbit mandates Covid vaccination, with accommodation for religious or medical reasons in accordance with law.
**Please note - we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
This is a Telecommute/Remote position. If you based in the Southeast or Northwest regions, it’s a plus.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, health insurance, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked café, 401(k) match, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
We are committed to treating all applicants fairly, WideOrbit is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants whose histories are impacted by our justice system, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.