Say hello to a Wider World. WideOrbit helps media companies do more business by making it easier to complete more sales. We build the one platform that ties everything together – from TV, radio, and digital ad sales, to reporting, invoicing, and payments. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, or on your favorite streaming service or podcast, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, ViacomCBS, A+E Networks, Hearst Media, and many more industry leaders around the world.
At WideOrbit, we make preserving our inclusive environment an ongoing priority, empowering team members to contribute at every level, in every function. We hire high-energy innovators who value diversity, unafraid to wield their passion and expertise to advocate for our customers and each other. At WideOrbit, you’ll make a difference and see your impact every day, while learning, growing, and enjoying what you do!
As a Delphi Software Engineer, you’ll to focus on our Digital Orders application across our WO Network and WO Traffic products. You’ll work with scalable, enterprise level software solutions that empowers broadcasters to manage, invoice and report on their digital business. You’ll work with smart, friendly engineers and be responsible for building everything from proof-of-concepts and usability prototypes to deployment-quality code.
Here is what success will look like:
- Develop and test new features and integrations for Digital Orders for both the WO Network and WO Traffic products based on internal and external requests.
- Improve current architecture and design to increase performance.
- Partner with product management, QA, and documentation to deliver high quality, complete software releases.
- Collaborate with other team members to maintain and improve the product to meet current customer and project needs.
- Gain and provide domain knowledge in some system segments.
- Mentor Software Engineers.
To thrive in this role, we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in overall software development.
- 3+ years’ experience in Delphi. Knowledge of Embarcadero’s newer Delphi versions (i.e. XE7 and up) is a plus.
- SQL experience is required. MS SQL Server experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design and object-oriented analysis.
- Good algorithmic skills and experience applying design patterns to both new and existing code.
- Experience working with clients in design, development, testing and integration.
- Willingness to thoroughly unit test and debug complex code that you, or others, may write.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to creatively think and problem solve.
- Ability to succeed in a self-directed position and has a pro-active, take initiative demeanor.
- Advertising media industry exposure is a plus.
*WideOrbit mandates Covid vaccination, with accommodation for religious or medical reasons in accordance with law.
**Please note - we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
This is a Telecommute/Remote position.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, health insurance, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked café, 401(k) match, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
We are committed to treating all applicants fairly, WideOrbit is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants whose histories are impacted by our justice system, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.