Say hello to a Wider World. WideOrbit helps media companies do more business by making it easier to complete more sales. We build the one platform that ties everything together – from TV, radio, and digital ad sales, to reporting, invoicing, and payments. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, or on your favorite streaming service or podcast, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, ViacomCBS, A+E Networks, Hearst Media, and many more industry leaders around the world.
At WideOrbit, we make preserving our inclusive environment an ongoing priority, empowering team members to contribute at every level, in every function. We hire high-energy innovators who value diversity, unafraid to wield their passion and expertise to advocate for our customers and each other. At WideOrbit, you’ll make a difference and see your impact every day, while learning, growing, and enjoying what you do!
As a Software Engineer at WideOrbit, you will design, develop and support core areas and features for our WO Central suite of applications. You will play an important role in the design and implementation and work on big applications with major media clients. You will collaborate with a team of talented, friendly engineers and help take our advanced, scalable development and deployment infrastructure to the next level, transforming the future of media and advertising.
This role is on the Central team, responsible for (among other things):
- Our Order Connect and Airtimes products used by sellers to transact and monitor billions of dollars in yearly ad spend
- APIs serving all WideOrbit cloud-based products
- Back-end data stores
- … and lots and lots of plumbing
Here is what success will look like:
- Design, develop and test new features for WO Central
- Build high performance, cloud-based, distributed systems across the full stack - including website, APIs, and backend services
- Improve current multi-tier, high-availability, high-volume, distributed architecture, and design to meet ever increasing demand on performance and scalability
- Partner with product management, QA and documentation to deliver high quality, complete software releases
- Collaborate with support and project teams to maintain and improve WideOrbit software to meet current customer and project needs
To thrive in this role, we’re looking for:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, or related field OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Experience building web apps using C# or related OOP languages
- Experience writing code for multi-threaded environments; both client UI and server framework
- Experience with Transact-SQL programming, MS SQL Server or similar RDBMS
- Proficient OO design skills
- Solid algorithmic skills and experience applying design patterns to both new and existing code
- Working knowledge of using RESTful web services and APIs
- Willingness to thoroughly test and debug code that you or others may write
- Successfully work in a team environment and approach challenges with a problem solving, can-do, positive attitude
- Experience working in an agile development environment with local and remote teams
- Experience in Web UI technology frameworks like Ext.js, Angular, React, or comparable is a plus
- Experience with cloud platforms (GCP, Azure or AWS) is a plus
- Experience with other programming tools, languages and protocols is a plus
*WideOrbit mandates Covid vaccination, with accommodation for religious or medical reasons in accordance with law.
**Please note - we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
This is a Telecommute/Remote position.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, health insurance, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked café, 401(k) match, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
We are committed to treating all applicants fairly, WideOrbit is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants whose histories are impacted by our justice system, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.